Recycle bin options and Silent install

Govi

Hi there !

I would like to silent install CCleaner and to customize it with a ccleaner.ini file. I've found great documentation on Piriform's website.

But...

I can't find a way to disable the two options about Recycle bin context menu. During standard intall, we can uncheck two boxes. But what are the lines to add in a ccleaner.ini file ?

Thank you for your help ! :)

Govi

• 2 weeks later...
I can't find a way to disable the two options about Recycle bin context menu.

Hi there,

does anyone have a solution to disable these two options during silent install or with ccleaner.ini file ?

Thank you !

• Moderators

how about if you have a VBS script (or .BAT file) that copies the .EXE files and the .INI file from a USB stick to the Program Files folder?

your .INI file would already be setup the way you want, and the .EXE files are all that is needed when upgrading to the next version.

made even easier if you use the Portable build.

run the VBS script as Administrator, which it can self-elevate anyway, and have it create the Desktop shortcuts too.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Hi mta,

thank you for your answer :)

I haven't thought about this solution because I thought it was too "dirty" and I wanted to do a clean silent install. I'll try to do it with just copy/paste the .exe and .ini files !

• Moderators

the copy/paste solution is what I initially did, but got lazy and sick of the Windows warning "are you sure" when copying into the protected Program Files folder.

the VBS script does all the heavy lifting for me now as well as creating a desktop folder with shortcuts to CC and DF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

not working how?

firstly, rule out a corrupt recycle bin, info here; https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=42673

second, if files are remaining in recycle bin after running CC, check your setting for Only delete files in Recycle Bin older than 24 hours in Advanced options.

• 1 month later...

@mta - thanks for this tip.

On Windows 10, running CCC Pro 5.26.5937, CC is still not emptying the Recycle Bin.

I've made the changes under the Advanced Settings, and I can clear the RB manually. I've even restarted my Surface Book after making the above changes and CCC still does not clear out the Recycle Bin.

Any other suggestions before I open a Support Ticket?

--SWH