CCLEARNER STARTED BEING SUPER SLOW A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO

dewkissedu

I want to say that ccleaner has taken forever to run for the last 2-3 months. My computer and everything is up to date, not much memory or disk space is being used. I have no viruses and I've even downloaded it again hoping that would fix the problem but it didn't. I want it to work properly like it used to. Please fix your program then give us a link with updated version of your program.  Not sure if I need to delete all versions that are in my download folder. I believe once I install a newer version the old program is un-installed from my computer 

post-78416-0-84612300-1488017094_thumb.png

• Moderators

your issues probably started with v5.25 (I think it was that one, or the one before or after that, anyway...) when Piriform had to change the way it cleaned IE/Edge browsing due to MS changing things their end.

doing some forum searches will get you up to speed on the continuing issue.

it's not effecting everyone, but if it does, it doesn't seem to matter if you use IE/Edge or not.

going back to v5.23 or v5.24 (whichever one it is) only fixes the issue as CC is taken back to a version that will not clean IE/Edge probably.

all available link are on the Builds page, available here; https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

any previous version is available at FileHippo.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.