My SONY Vegas Movie Studio 9 Physical Disk ?Unable To Run Autoplay Program? In My Windows 7 64-Bit Operating System?

montecarlo1987

Hello. I have a SONY Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pack physical software product in from a retail box. I also have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit operating system. I placed the DVD-ROM of the video editing software into my DVD optical drive and I waiting for the autorun to occur with the SONY video editing software pop-up window with install options on my screen. I then double clicked on the DVD optical drive (G:) through Windows Explorer. The files and folders opened. I then clicked on the ‘setup’ file in the listing with User Account Control (UAC) appearing. I click “Yes” and then I get the message “Unable to run AutoPlay program.” I click “OK” and of course, nothing happens.

I then proceeded thinking (but not proven as the cause by any means) that the CD\DVD-ROM AutoPlay may not be enabled. I type from the ‘Run’ dialog box: g:\setup.exe , execute UAC, and I still get the same message “Unable to run AutoPlay program” message. Then, I went into gpedit.msc and even browse to “Computer Configuration” -> “Administrative Templates” -> “Windows Components” -> “Autoplay Policies” -> “Turn off Autoplay” -> change from “Not configured” to “Disabled” obviously. I still receive the “Unable to run AutoPlay program” message. These routine steps here didn’t prove anything.

I have never had this happen before. I have run programs from CDs or DVDs and burning CDs and DVDs just recently. Following this, I placed an ATI Catalyst Software DVD in my same DVD optical drive and the AutoPlay works fine. This is the first time I have had this particular issue. This is the first time I am installing this SONY Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pack on my Windows 7 64-bit.

I need you help on answers and solutions to this issue? What is going on here? How can I fix this?

Please reply.

Thank you!

post-26919-0-02024000-1323127536_thumb.png

• Moderators

First virus scan the install disc and if it's deemed clean you could then temporarily disable the real-time protection in the installed antivirus.

If it isn't the antivirus interfering the setup could just be corrupt, or something, and would require help from the publisher.

@ nodles and Andavari:

Hello. Thank you for the reply. To answer your questions and concerns, I have Norton Internet Security 2012 installed. I am going to next attempt your suggestions and see how it goes by disabling and I will get back to you. I will reply shortly. If you have any further suggestions, I am here to listen. This is much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

@ nodles, Andavari, & anyone:

Okay, I disabled the Norton Internet Security 2012's Firewall and Antivirus Auto-Protect features and tried installing and I still get the same message “Unable to run AutoPlay program” when attempting to install this program. I am going to next contact SONY technical support and see where it goes from here. I will leave this thread open for a bit and respond back when I get an answer and solution. Again, if you can think of anything, please do. I will check in routinely.

Thanks!

nodles, Andavari, & anyone:

Hello. Well, I got lucky! I did some looking around with this DVD files and folders. There happens to be a 'folder' called "setup" (see screen clipping below) that contains all the components of this software setup installer products. Inside it is an "Common" folder that is a combined component installer file [file path: G:\setup\Common\Autorun.exe]. I just noticed it after looking into the other files and folders in the DVD. Execute "Autorun" (autorun.exe) and it DOES RUN following the UAC. Hurray!!! This is the one I will use. I also said that it contains all the components that are individually listed too. I attempted to install the first of the components of their products using the slightly different file path or directory [G:\setup\English\Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0\setup.exe] and it also executed the component following UAC too.

So, I am just trying to figure out why the "Setup.exe" file right when you open the G: drive does not work to execute this software. Very tricky here!

If you have any ideas, please share with me. I am very curious why this 'setup.exe' file does not execute in the G: drive directory?

Thank you!

post-26919-0-58440800-1323135439_thumb.png

• Moderators

Did you tried right-click 'run as admin'?

Also this page may explain the workings of things like this to users who aren't familiar with them.

http://shortruncd.com/mainpages/info/cd_autostart/how_to_make_autostart_cd.htm

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

@ hazelnut & anyone:

Hello. I have tried running the "Run as administrator" right-click command on the setup.exe file in the G: (DVD optical drive) of the DVD-ROM of this SONY video editing program. I still end up getting that message “Unable to run AutoPlay program”. I do not know why? I am just curious why that happens when the setup.exe file 'should' run the setup installer file. I am happy that I have found a way around it and still get the programs of the DVD-ROM installed. I am just curious why there are issues executing using that particular 'setup.exe' file?

I am open and receptive to listen to other comments to share with me.

Thanks!

• Moderators

I don't have studio as I use the pro version. But here is the solution

Sign on to Sony's Media Software website

go to "My Software" (If you have already Registered the software, if not first go to "register software" and register)

Download your product (Vegas Studio 9.0)

Run the EXE (as uac) it downloads and it will make a folder C:\program files\Sony Setup\

in there run the setup.exe file

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com