ccleaner and missing mui reference...

Autumn

Hi dtsaudio and samy, Welcome to Piriform to you both.

Don't have an answer for this at all, and I've found that this "Missing MUI Reference" issue has been popping up on and off for a few years now, and confirmed by your comment samy.

I'll try a bit more searching, as I'm sure some of the other members will do, and post back here if I can come up with anything.

A kind of solution is to simply ignore it, and add it to CCleaners "Exclude Registry" routine. Out of site, out of mind. It isn't a problematic issue, just a pain in the backside really.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by Easter Egg samy, but I think I get your drift.

:)

Dennis and Hazel,

After all this time and trying everything you guys suggested, I think it has finally resolved. I run XP SP3. Yesterday, I flashed my motherboard (Asus M3A78-CM) with the latest flash dated a month ago or so. Just for grins, I ran the registry part of CC and could not believe my tired, old eyes...the damn thing was gone. I will post back if it should appear again.

Thanks for all of your help.

Cheers!

Autumn

• Moderators

I don't know if it means anything, but this quirk seems to have disappeared just after the last update from Microsoft (using XP). I haven't had the missing mui ref. since. Could be coincidence though.

It could be, but let us know if it rears it's ugly head again.

Dennis and Hazel,

After all this time and trying everything you guys suggested, I think it has finally resolved. I run XP SP3. Yesterday, I flashed my motherboard (Asus M3A78-CM) with the latest flash dated a month ago or so. Just for grins, I ran the registry part of CC and could not believe my tired, old eyes...the damn thing was gone. I will post back if it should appear again.

Thanks for all of your help.

Cheers!

Autumn

Hi Autumn, nice to hear from you, and hopefully you've banished it this time although I won't hold my breath, and I'll watch this space for a while.

:)