Ccleaner Professional wont update

• Moderators

see if this works.

manually get it from here; https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

get the normal installer, once installed, you can plug in your license detail to make it Pro.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem.  For the past few months, running CC Cleaner Professional, I can no longer update.  Automatic updates simply do not happen.  Every time I try to update I get "  0x2f08:  A redirect will change a secure to a non-secure connection."  The only way I can complete the update is to uninstall, download the update , reinstall and re-register.  Yes, this works.  But, having to go through this process every time and update is available does not sit well with me.  I am running Win 10 with the latest feature update. 

post-79719-0-50023700-1502914828_thumb.png

• Moderators

the update process has been changed ("fixed"?) in version v5.33, you may have to manually update to that, then hopefully the next update will work automatically.

see here; https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=48442&do=findComment&comment=285662

I have the very same problem.  I'm using Win 7.  Ccleaner was updating fine for the first 3-4 months after upgrading to professional, and then kaputz. I did a re-install even after cleaning Ccleaner residue out of the registry and thought it would work, but it will update on a full install of the latest version of Ccleaner, but the updater spits out that message. "Oxf08: A redirect request will change a secure to a non-secure connection".  Been doing this for over 6 months now.  And yes, monitoring is turned on.  Waste of money. It's ashamed, Ccleaner is a great piece of software.  This problem just sours me a bit.  Thanks for any help..My first time on this forum.

• Moderators

@photophartnyer,

so to confirm, you have uninstalled, deleted the Program Files folder for CC, rebooted your PC, and reinstalled and it still gives the error message?

Yes. Of course.  Whenever I do a full uninstall I not only look for remaining remnants in registry to remove, but also make sure all Ccleaner files in Program Files are safe for deletion (with the help of REVO uninstaller max setting), and reboot. Then I installed the latest version of Ccleaner and it worked OK till the updater reminded me to update, then back to square "A".  :unsure:

• Moderators

not only do the Admin Team read these posts but they have also been directly notified of this update issue.