CCleaner & Office 2013

I have the latest version of ccleaner, 5.31. I installed office 2013 and then decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. However, it still shows up under applications, as installed.  I ran the Microsoft uninstaller they provide for all the office products and office 2013 was removed from my computer, but not from ccleaner.  I did a manual uninstall for office 2013 which included the registry. No luck, still shows up in ccleaner. I looked at the locations listed in winapp.ini, no luck. I have cleaned the registry with many reg cleaners without breaking my windows 10. Lucky! I won't go into why this is a big deal, but the office 2013 remnants (?) causes other issues. There are no other Office products installed.

Does anyone know where ccleaner checks to show office 2013 in still installed so I can remove it?

• Moderators

Office 2013 seems to show by default in CCleaners applications list on the applications tab, even if you have never, ever, had it installed.

I have never had Office 2013 on this laptop, but it is still shown on CCleaners applications tab.

It may be that some other Windows application is storing temporary files in a location that is normally associated with Office 2013.

(Similar to the way that a number of Windows applications use the Internet Explorer file locations for storage, even if you never use IE).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

there is definitely still something left ...

probably you did that already as I have read it

try this please:

(sorry but this 2 sites are in german-please take a translation-site like google translation or so...)

https://support.office.com/de-de/article/Deinstallieren-von-Office-auf-einem-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=de-DE&rs=de-DE&ad=DE

or this

https://support.microsoft.com/de-ch/help/2739501/how-to-uninstall-office-2013-or-office-365

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office

or for 64 bit

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office

MSOCache

%appdata%\microsoft\templates

--> delete this files "Normal.dotm" und "Welcome by Word.dotx" (i dont know how exactly this files calls in english)

%appdata%\microsoft\document building blocks

delete this file "Building blocks.dotx"

delete the registry subkeys for the office system

▪ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun
▪ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppVISV
▪ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Office – de-de according to version and speech.
▪ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office

or download the uninstall tool by Option 2

ps:

for office 2010 i found this:

▪ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office (14.0=Office 2010)

▪ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

▪ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office

▪ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OFFICE

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Templates

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE14

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office

C:\Users\yourNick\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office

C:\Users\yourNick\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office

C:\Users\yourNick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office

C:\Users\yourNick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word

C:\Users\yourNick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\OFFICE

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Templates

i think there is more hidden...

perhaps it helps you for your office 2013 complete removing

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Without tracking the installation of Office with something like ZSoft Uninstaller, Total Uninstall, Revo Uninstaller Pro, or some other install watcher that can later uninstall it trying to get rid of it would be difficult due to the system integration. Even with an install watcher uninstalling it being able to get rid of it completely might not be possible due to system files, etc.

• Moderators

Searching my registry finds loads of entries for 'office'.

Most seem to be associated with 'Onenote', the 'Get Office' app, or the office 'First Run' app. all of which are on Windows 10 by default.

You can easily uninstall the last 2, but because 'Onenote' is part of the OS it has to be removed through powershell.

The problem there is that they will come back, either in the next Patch Tuesday Cumulative Update, or in the next major Win 10 upgrade.
https://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/19/windows-10-annoyance-system-apps/

I won't go into why this is a big deal, but the office 2013 remnants (?) causes other issues.

I would have thought these 'other issues' would be the thing to concentrate on, and may give a better indication of just what is actually causing your problems.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I found the problem. The ccleaner.ini file wasn't being updated for some reason. I removed it from the ccleaner folder, then I created a new on and copied my save cookie section back to the new one. No more office 2013. :)   Although office 2013 was indeed removed from my OS all the time the fact that it was in the .ini file seem to cause office 2007, 2010 and 2013 to also show up as installed when I installed Office 2016. That was the other issues. After my new .ini file was generated I  re-installed Office 2016 and now it is the only Office version showing.

Thank you all for your great suggestions I had done almost every one you mentioned.