ublock users

hazelnut

It is as I've used both. uBO allows for faster page loading from what I've noticed when on YouTube. Although I personally use Adblock Plus.

I'm still new to this adblocking business, care to explain why?  :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

OK, got it.  Thanks.  

Those file paths are all different here, using a portable sandboxed version of Iron, but I get the idea.  

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

@login123

Trium, am I right in assuming that post #44 refers to uBlock Origin, not the newer version after it forked?

yes :)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I've fully switched now to using uBlock Origin in both Firefox Portable and SRWare Iron Portable. The difference in page loading speeds is noticeably faster compared to Adblock Plus, in this case efficiency; page loading speeds, and less RAM consumption convinced me to switch.

ublock 1.5.2

gorhill released this

9 days ago

Changes: Chromium:

Reverted fix to issue #533: possibly due to a browser bug, the fix was causing other issues as reported in the Chrome store ...

With this extension enabled, Windows 10 not longer goes to sleep. POWERCFG /REQUESTS reports "WebRTC has active PeerConnections" from chrome.exe. Disabling this extension removes the request and allows Windows to sleep.

and ...

I came home today to find my PC (Win10 x64) wasn't asleep. I checked powercfg -requests and saw Chrome reporting "WebRTC has active PeerConnections".

Looking in chrome://webrtc-internals/ the only entry is for:

chrome-extension://cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm/background.html, { servers: [], iceTransportType: all, bundlePolicy: balanced, rtcpMuxPolicy: negotiate },

Which is this extension. What is uBlock doing to keep WebRTC hung up and thus prevent my PC from sleeping?

I took a dump of the WebRTC Internals page if you'd like it for any other info.

uBO was closing the connection, but it appears there might be a browser bug.

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

ublock 1.5.3

gorhill released this

2 days ago

New:

Not part of uBlock Origin proper, but rather an online tool to help objectively bust the myth that with uBlock Origin ("uBO"), "pages load slower" than with Adblock Plus. The tool: Page load speed (updated).

Changes:

uBO will now automatically select the filter list which matches the current browser locale at first install time. This change does nothing if you have uBO already installed.

Closed as fixed: Chromium:Core:

• Moderators

uBO for Firefox was released yesterday 7 Jan 2016, I noticed the Chrome/Chromium version was released today 8 Jan 2016.

The crash on startup in a Chrome/Chromium browser I've not had that, crashing on closing the browser I've experienced.

uBO ver 1.5.2 with SRWare Iron ver 45 portable works fine here.  

Am running it in a sandbox so if something gums up I can just delete the sandbox.   

ublock v1.5.5

gorhill released this

15 hours ago

ublock v1.5.6

gorhill released this

14 hours ago

Closed as fixed Chromium

Anyone notice how slow the official Firefox addons is to offer an update to uBlock Origin? The official Firefox addons page is on 1.5.5 that's two versions behind compared to the releases page with 1.5.7 here: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

probably gorhill didn't submit 1.5.6 and 1.5.7 to AMO

see the changelog, no FF related changes

ublock v1.5.7

gorhill released this

a day ago

When I tried to download uBlock for FF, FF warns it won't accept unsigned...thingies. It prevents the download.

download the AMO version. or try setting xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config. Might not be a functional setting on Fx release (WFM on Nightly)

...yeeeaaaahh...I have no idea what you just said. Not your fault, you're one of the smart ones. AMO version? Xpinstall signatures? Fx release (WFM on Nightly)?? (My cats' breath smells like cat food. That's how far advanced I am.)

• Moderators

He means this Corona

Click to enlarge:

post-26-0-35752600-1453002280_thumb.png

When downloading uBO from it's homepage you have to right-click the download in Firefox and 'Save Link As', otherwise if you try to download it normally Firefox still won't allow the addon, in my case Firefox closed itself.

After uBO is downloaded to your download folder just drag 'n' drop the downloaded uBlock0.firefox.xpi file onto the open Firefox window to update.

Edited by Andavari

...yeeeaaaahh...I have no idea what you just said. Not your fault, you're one of the smart ones. AMO version? Xpinstall signatures? Fx release (WFM on Nightly)?? (My cats' breath smells like cat food. That's how far advanced I am.)

AMO - Addons.mozilla.org (as opposed to the github version of the extension)

Xpi install signatures - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extension_Signing

(looks like the current release 43 will be the last for which the xpi signing enforcement can be disabled)

Fx release - Firefox 43.0.4

Nightly - Firefox 46.0a1

WFM - Works For Me :)