adding ccleaner to yahoo toolbar

leppy

Every time I update Ccleaner, I always make sure the box to add CCleaner to my yahoo toolbar is checked. However I can never find out how to turn it on the toolbar? I have tried uninstalling yahoo toolbar and then updating CCleaner with the box checked and nothing. I use Firefox as my browser. I searched in these forums and nothing really fit my issue. Any ideas?

• Moderators

I don't think that CCleaner is actually on the Bar. I think all it does is install the toolbar (it's attached to the installer to make Money for ccleaner, for every version that is downloaded with the toolbar)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I that poster (from in your link) was using IE (I checked and there is an unlock toolbar option in IE) however there is no such "unlock toolbar" option in Firefox. Any other ideas? Is it Firefox compatible?

• Moderators

There's an odd thing.

Using Returnil. I installed Firefox 3.5, and then the latest CCleaner including the Yahoo toolbar. The toolbar was installed into Program Files, but I can find absolutely no trace of it in Firefox after I've launched it.

It doesn't show up in Opera 10, which didn't surprise me. It didn't show up in Firefox 3.5, which again didn't surprise me as both of these are beta versions.

But what did surprise me is I installed Firefox 3.0.11, and I still can't find the Yahoo Toolbar at all. I don't think a toolbar makes itself difficult to find, usually the opposite, but I've tried every menu and preference setting in both browsers, and can't find anything.

Any Yahoo Toolbar users out there actually using this with recent versions of Firefox?

I have Firefox 3.0.11 and the yahoo toolbar. I have tried everything to get the ccleaner on it and no luck. Is there a yahoo (alt + y) in the file bar above the forward/back buttons?

• Moderators

Nope. I've tried installing Firefox first, and then CCleaner with the Yahoo Toolbar, but I can't find any trace of it at all in Firefox.

fd2bbc2cb931.jpg

I wonder if it could be the Toolbar install with the latest CCleaner causing the problem. Has this just happened with the latest version of CCleaner?

I've never installed the Toolbar before today, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for other than a new Toolbar lying there looking fairly obvious in Firefox.

• Moderators

Tried running IE7, which I never use, and bingo, there's the Yahoo Toolbar, with the CCleaner icon:

be49442c91.jpg

But although I've closed down Opera and Firefox, and relaunched them a couple of times, I have no trace of a Yahoo Toolbar in either of them. There's nothing else I can try other than an older version of CCleaner, but with the current version the toolbar appears as it should in IE, and with the CCleaner shortcut.

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know, but if it wasn't for the fact that you have the toolbar in Firefox, my experience would have had me thinking it's only compatible with IE.