Files 'to be cleaned' refuse to be cleaned!

Hello everyone. First: I'm very new to the whole 'ask for help in a forum' so sorry in advance..

As the title say: when ccleaner has analysed, it says something like "files to be cleaned: 3400", but when I run the cleaner it only removes like 100 files. When i try to find what the files are that won't go away, they mostly seems to be gibberish (at least to me) in textedit. I really don't know what to do, if those files are supposed to be there or how I get rid of them if not.

I'd be very thankful if someone could help me! Or even just tell me if it is a problem or not. (My irl friends are no help at all, they just make fun of me for getting a mac :P )

Hugs from a confused and lost witch!

• Moderators

Sadly we have few MAC users to provide as good answers for you as we do for Windows users, but i'll bump this up to Piriform employees

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Guest Sid Piriform

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

This seems quite unusual, would you be able to create a support ticket about this here?

If you could provide us with the information attach a Snapshot we will look into this for you   :)