Installation Problem with Lastest Update

b8hovn

New member here, so apologies if topic has been dealt with earlier.

Went to update CCleaner (free version) on Windows 10 desktop via the periodic update-available link, and after initial download of v5.30 Setup, received the following messages after each step in this order:

"Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe  Click Abort to stop the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file."

"Retry" did nothing, so I clicked "Ignore" and received this message:

"CCleaner v5.30 Setup Completed ... CCleaner v5.30 has been successfully installed on your computer ... Run CCleaner"

Clicking "Run" brought this:

"Thank you for installing CCleaner!" only to be repeatedly followed by this when I attempted to open/run the program:

"Windows cannot access the specified device path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Next step was to Uninstall CCleaner, start from scratch. Results were the same. *gah*

The funny (?) part is, none of my PC settings have changed, nor have I ever had this happen in the many years I've used CCleaner across several platforms. Any thoughts? All most welcome ... and thanks ahead.