Defraggler transform my progs labels to PDF

Earthling

• Moderators

There is no way really that Defraggler can alter your file associations, at least I have never heard of it happening.

Have you had a virus recently?

What operating system do you have ?

See if you can change the file association back for one or two things you need to open then we can continue to try and help you.

http://www.fileinfo...._change_program

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Change the name of the folder holding your PDF Reader.

That may prevent Windows from automatically executing it,

(Unless the service Distributed Link Tracking interferes)

and may allow you to choose what to "Open With".

"Open With" - this is too cool and i don't know how to open Windows system files.

For example - In which progs open rundll32.exe?

"Default Programs" for OS can't be changed there everything in PDF.

It can be, but I don't think that that was VIRUS - Kaspersky Crystal (Pure).

My OS VISTA.

I didn't understand what happen, but I created NewUSER transfer all my user/AppData to NewUSER/AppData and everything OK.

But I still left old USER - and I don't know what can be done to fix it.

There some problem in USER folders.

I am unsure what problems you mean. Can you not copy the old user files to the new profile?

Sometimes you must right-click a folder/properties/security tab/edit button/full control & ok to fix security permissions so that you can navigate again.

Malware causes this sometimes, as does corrupted profiles. It is likely your profile is corrupt, & hence the reason it is acting so strange.

rundll32.exe should only come up when Windows does not recognize what to open files with.

I presume that you do NOT do registry cleaning with CCleaner, & especially NOT with unused file extensions checkmarked?

This can kill a system dead if the wrong entries are removed, which is why I always never use that part of it.

rundll32.exe usually only comes up in 3 cases.

1) Malware/Viruses changed settings

2) User deleted/caused critical parts to go missing or messed up

3) Power spike or surge/failing hardware causes problems in Windows, causing it to lose settings that fail to save because of sudden hard restarts.

In all of those cases, the settings Windows uses to tell what to run a program with go awry.

You may be able to restore some functionality using a .reg/.cmd/.vbs./.bat file that you can find on the web.

Usually if you cannot launch EXE, you have to use another file type such as listed above, to restore it back so that you can function normally.

I am assuming that it was not just your .PDF extension that went awry on the old profile.

I already solved my problem, just create new USER and, to save all my settings, copied my folder AppData from old user to new user. And now I use new Profile to work with comp, old one did not work correctly.

The problem was - I started Defraggler - in a middle of defragging process all my prog-links (exe, ini, etc) become as a PDF files.

I restart my comp - all my progs include autoruns, antivirus and all startup progs - didn't work. + All functions that starts from "control panel" gust start me PDF reader.

I didn't fined dissition, that why I created new user, now I use NEW Profile (new user).

And I delete Defraggler.