Is CCleaner compatible with x64 WinXP?

sangwooksohn

Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my system to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. So I am wondering if anyone has experience with CCleaner running on WinXP x64. I understand that are some registry changes made in x64 version of Windows XP, and this worries me for CCleaner not being compatible.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Sang

Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my system to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. So I am wondering if anyone has experience with CCleaner running on WinXP x64. I understand that are some registry changes made in x64 version of Windows XP, and this worries me for CCleaner not being compatible.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Sang

Windows Pro x64 will work fine, as it supports 32 bit as well; thus this will support CCleaner.

Taran,

Thanks for the quick answer. :-)

I understand that Windows Pro x64 supports 32bit apps as well as 64bit ones.

I have no doubt that CCleaner will not run on Windows XP Pro x64 Edition.

What my question is if it's safe to run CCleaner's "Issue Scan & Fix" feature. Considering the fact that "Issue Scan & Fix" deal with the system registry, I am not so sure if it's safe to run, since there are Registry difference between 32bit Windows XP and 64bit Windows XP. Another thing is that Windows XP Pro x64 doesn't allow 32bit apps to touch system folders. I am not sure if CCleaner deals with system folders or not, but if it does, it may be a problem.

Did anyone actually tried it on Windows XP Pro x64 Edition?

Thanks.

Sang

Windows Pro x64 will work fine, as it supports 32 bit as well; thus this wil support CCleaner.

Hello,

I use CCleaner 1.19 on WinXP Pro x64 and at first it worked just fine but after a couple of cleanups, everytime I wanna run the cleaner in the Windows and Applications tab it closes immediately, however the issues tab workes just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

NO it doesn't work well on Windows X64. With 1.26 version CCleaner removes shortcuts of Windows system utilities like Defrag, Services, etc. I think there is some type of problem reading the 64bit shortcuts or something. Hope it will be fixed in the future, because I think CCleaner doesn't need lots of changes in order to work perfect with 64bit Windows.

NO it doesn't work well on Windows X64. With 1.26 version CCleaner removes shortcuts of Windows system utilities like Defrag, Services, restore.not much works well on windows xp 64 bit when it comes to cleaners i love this software hope it gets fixed soon. :)

• 1 month later...

NO it doesn't work well on Windows X64. With 1.26 version CCleaner removes shortcuts of Windows system utilities like Defrag, Services, restore.not much works well on windows xp 64 bit when it comes to cleaners i love this software hope it gets fixed soon. :)

The last 2 posts by new users sounds a lot like the users just removed everything without reading it first. And the backup didn't work or appear ? Odd... use the beta. perhaps.

Or is it similar to this ? ;)http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showto...287entry31287

CCLeaner v1.27.260 works OK for me on XP Pro 64bit Build 3790.

I have 2 small niggles

1) Options > Settings > Advanced > Add 2 x "Add CCleaner...to Recycle Bin" options have no effect. Installed, cleaned the registry by "hand", reinstalled but no effect. Anyone else seen this on x64 ?

2) Scan for issues often shows up a missing MUI reference to

c:\WINDOWS\system32\hnetwiz.dll,-3085

I have run ICwizard, even though I didn't need to, am connected over a LAN to ADSL, no dial uips in or out/modem/faxes anywhere. Just a workstation connected to a modem/router.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump :P

1) Options > Settings > Advanced > Add 2 x "Add CCleaner...to Recycle Bin" options have no effect. Installed, cleaned the registry by "hand", reinstalled but no effect. Anyone else seen this on x64 ?

CCLeaner v1.27.260 works OK for me on XP Pro 64bit Build 3790.

I have 2 small niggles

I'm using WinXP Pro 32-bit, so sorry I can't let you know my experiences. I can, however, tell you that in version 1.28 of CCleaner (due out in a couple days) there will be full 64-bit OS support, so that should solve your problem.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I'm using WinXP Pro 32-bit, so sorry I can't let you know my experiences. I can, however, tell you that in version 1.28 of CCleaner (due out in a couple days) there will be full 64-bit OS support, so that should solve your problem.

Where do you get your information?? :)

Where do you get your information?? :)

Look under the Announcements section, cde. MrG posted both a changelog (which hazelnut mentioned) and a time frame that 1.28 would be released in.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!