V5.25 (64bit) major problems

• Moderators

hi Ju (etc etc)..... and welcome to the forums,

you'll have to expand what "not complete" means.

what happens when you hit the "not complete" hurdle?, an error message, what's left behind.

can you provide a screenshot?

have you tried uninstalling CC with the PC in Safe Mode?

in CC, Options, Settings, have you got the boxes ticked to show the Recycle Bin context menu options?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Will not complete means:  

CCleaner just sits there for minutes not doing anything.  No activity.  The screen remains unchanged, forever.

Task Manager shows:  CPU useage on CCleaner is 0 (zera), no disk activity.

I have to END TASK to stop CCleaner.

When trying to uninstall CCleaner, that action never completes.  Running uninstall.exe several times, it finally removes itself and deletes its directory.  I have reinstalled twice with no Change.

You should put version 4 back on your website for downloading...

• Moderators

make sure you get the latest version from here; https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

if you are trying the normal installer and it fails, try the Slim or Portable builds.

if you do want to go back to an older version, they are available at FileHippo.

but, of course, old versions mean old features and not a full cleaning service, but whatever works for you.

it is sometimes worth trying to uninstall and reinstalling with the PC in Safe Mode as some AV software can interfere with the process.

and I'm guessing your issue cannot be readily duplicated simply due to the fact it is your issue.

no body else has come forward with anything similar, so we have to work through your issues to find either the cause or a solution.

also realise that I and all other members on this forum are just users like you, we volunteer our time in trying to helps others.

I am in no way part of Piriform staff but you can be heartened by the fact that Admin staff would have read your post by now and if they require more info to either duplicate it or have any advice, they will respond.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.