Defraggler Selected Folder Defrag aborts - Manually Discovered it happens when folder path name is very long, but can defrag files inside folder

Defraggler Selected Folder Defrag aborts - Manually Discovered it happens when folder path name is very long, but can defrag files inside folder

Interesting bug. 

I get issues with some of these folders with long Paths, but I can right click and Defrag the files inside. 

Is this a bug / limitation or has been fixed? 

E.g. When I right click and select this Folder/ Path or its Parent path - REHAB the Defrag aborts. 

But doing the same for FILES within this folder works. 

I thought it was a Disk/ CHKDKS issue but its not from testing that. Only happens for longer paths, not shorter ones. 

C:\FFFFFFFFF\XXXXXXXX\YYYYYYY\REHAB\Defeat Chronic Pain Now! - Groundbreaking Strategies for Eliminating the Pain of Arthritis, Back and Neck Conditions, Migraines, Diabetic Neuropathy, and Chronic Illness

• Moderators

a lot of programs have the 256 character limitation when dealing with long folder and file names.

my backup software suffers from this short-coming.

usually the solution is to use the UNC standard (\\?\) when typing the whole path name but obviously this is not possible in a 'closed' program like DF.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.