Easy way to open a link in a new tab

razz

The middle mouse button can do many things, one very handy function is that clicking on a link will open that link in a new browser tab - i.e. there's no need to right-click a link and select "Open in new tab"

I admit, I did not know this   :wacko:

• Moderators

If you middle click the 'refresh' icon on the address bar in Firefox it opens a copy of the current tab in a new tab.

It a feature that is not well documented and AFIK it's the only way to do this quickly in Firefox.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

The middle mouse button can do many things, one very handy function is that clicking on a link will open that link in a new browser tab - i.e. there's no need to right-click a link and select "Open in new tab"

I have made sure I only buy 3 button mouses? (mice?, whatever) for years for that very reason.

and if you get a mouse with the middle button as a wheel, you can tilt it left and right to do all manner of lovely stuff on docs, web pages and many more.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

and if you get a mouse with the middle button as a wheel, you can tilt it left and right

Not all mice with that middle wheel button have left/right clicking ability. I had to learn to stop trying to use that feature I had gotten used to with some pricey wireless Microsoft mice (now I only use Belkin USB wired mice) because I was breaking less expensive mice one after another that didn't have that feature.

I've been a computer user since before there was "windows", and only learned this sometime last year.  True confession.  :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I have made sure I only buy 3 button mouses? (mice?, whatever) for years for that very reason.

and if you get a mouse with the middle button as a wheel, you can tilt it left and right to do all manner of lovely stuff on docs, web pages and many more.

Clicking my center mouse button "wheel" lets my scroll without scrolling  :D Just move my mouse in any direction.

/\       \/          <          >

UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT :rolleyes:  

If you middle click the 'refresh' icon on the address bar in Firefox it opens a copy of the current tab in a new tab.

In Chrome you right-click on the tab and then click Duplicate.

• Moderators

In Chrome you right-click on the tab and then click Duplicate.

It's that way in IE as well, but the 'Duplicate' option is not on the right click menu in FFx, took me ages to find that middle click on 'refresh' trick.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

the 'Duplicate' option is not on the right click menu in FFx, took me ages to find that middle click on 'refresh' trick.

nukecad, you should post this trick you discovered on the Firefox Forum (assuming they still have one, I believe they used to have a forum).  I bet a lot of users don't know this trick.   ;)

• Moderators

nukecad, you should post this trick you discovered on the Firefox Forum (assuming they still have one, I believe they used to have a forum).  I bet a lot of users don't know this trick.   ;)

That's where I eventually found it. :)

Post 2 of this:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/903583