Virus after clicking ''New Version! Click to download...''?

TMan

Hello, I was messing around with ccleaner a bit and deleting some registry/temporary items and then I noticed I needed to update my CCleaner then I look up to my computer from my phone and then I see the wingdings font or some other wierd font on my desktop and everywhere I could see it, then my norton popped up and I couldnt read a thing... was this due to ccleaner removing my fonts somehow or what? I got this computer from my dad a while ago or so and I'm pretty sure me and him downloaded ccleaner from Piriform.. I've had my computer off for pretty much a week or so (When I did have it on I never even used it more than a few minutes) then I turned it on and did the following at the beginning of this post.

Either way me and my dad set it to factory defaults.
Note: I did a virus scan on Norton and Malwarebytes pretty much before the week I barely even used it and I believe I went to legitimate sites only when I did use the computer the week I barely used it. & I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong topic area.

Also, how serious is this? Was this just a simple virus just to say hey I messed up your computer or really serious?

Thanks and I hope to find the answer to this.