CCleaner deleted Program Files Folder

asoto20

Hi,

How are you? Basically, I installed CCleaner to clean my PC and delete some temporary files under C partititon. I chose the following configuration:

Internet Explorer:

- Temp Files.

- History.

- Cookies.

- Index.Dat

- Autocomplete History

System:

Empty Recycle Bin.

Temp Files.

Unfortunately, CCleaner deleted my entire Program Files folder and all my Start Menu Icons. So when I try to go to my Start Menu in order to open any Software, there are no programs listed there.

Also, my Program Files Folder under this path C:\Program Files\ got deleted. I am using Windows 7 64 bits just in case. Program Files (x86) is OK.

The funny thing is that all the software installed appear in CCleaner - Tools - Uninstall option and also on Control Panel - Programs.

Please, do you have any idea about what happened? I tried restore Windows but I couldn't create a restore point.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Can you unhide files and folders.

(Open Windows Explorer and select Organize at the top >Folder and Search Options-> Click the View tab-> and put a dot in Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK)

If the Program Files folder is now visible in the C drive, right-click it and select properties and then uncheck the hidden box.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Can you unhide files and folders.

(Open Windows Explorer and select Organize at the top >Folder and Search Options-> Click the View tab-> and put a dot in Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK)

If the Program Files folder is now visible in the C drive, right-click it and select properties and then uncheck the hidden box.

Yep, Show hidden files and Folders option is checked ... Also did the uncheck hidden box thing but there's no trace of Program Files folder, only Program Files (x86)  :(