clear internet history on an external drive

scottyg

I have a hard drive from another computer, can't make it go live. Trying to wipe the browsing history from that drive. I have the basic version of CCleaner, but will only wipe the live drive's history. Will the pro version do that?

• Moderators

one of the Pro versions extra features is the ability to clean all Users, but it still only looks at the Windows system drive and Windows environment paths, not other drives as you are wanting.

for that, you need to use an INCLUDE.

but I'm assuming this is a once off because of this other PC drive now being in your PC.

why not format the whole drive if no data is required to be kept or just deleting the temp folder locations manually?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I have a hard drive from another computer, can't make it go live. Trying to wipe the browsing history from that drive. I have the basic version of CCleaner, but will only wipe the live drive's history. Will the pro version do that?

Just Formatting the harddrive or empty the recycle bin doesn't delete your browser history. You need to write over the empty space at least 1 time.

• Moderators

Just Formatting the harddrive or empty the recycle bin doesn't delete your browser history. You need to write over the empty space at least 1 time.

write over empty space will not delete your current. live browsing history.

low-level format will put the drive back to a clean state. (and of course lose all data)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.