downlaod.com vs file hippo and softpedia ?

Xion44

iam wanting to know, which download site is most popular, including security concerns. a few downloads ive gotten from softpedia , after scan of file, revealed a few undesirable viruses, some were deemed as high alert viruses.. i found out that filehippo is becoming new fave site..

so which download site do you prefer. -note, my findings of softpedia does not nessesarily reflect others who might find that site to be exceptional.."to each his or her own opinions" :P

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

• Moderators

My preference goes in this exact order using the sites you've stated:

1. Filehippo.com - the easiest and one of the fastest download sites around

2. Softpedia.com - for the reviews written by the staff, I like how they put things into categories, but the download speeds from them are slow

3. Download.com - last resort only, the download speeds from them are slow, the way their categories are listed I don't like, and I always check their listings against Softpedia to find out if it's really adware or not

I generally use FileHippo for most downloads, CCleaner and Recuva included. If I've done a search for a particular download then softpedia my come up.

The main problem with FileHippo is the files are corrupted in some way. I've download 8 different versions of Nero of there and everyone downloads perfectly but when you run them to unpack them there are corrupted files in the set. Now I'm not blaming this directly to FileHippo because I've download the same files of http://www.oldapps.com/nero.htm with the same problems. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

filehippi is fast i downloaded google earth in 2 seconds.

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

Other than getting source codes for programming languages and IDEs, the only place I really trust at the moment is Filehippo. I've never used Softpedia. Do they have any software that filehippo wouldn't have?

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

You killed the ellipses D:

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.