Can't focus - or see - results window after a recovery.

westrim

During a recovery, Recuva displays a small window showing the progress of the recovery (it also prevents any interaction with the main window, but that's not the issue right now). After finishing a recovery, that window displays the results of the recovery, and can then be exited to interact with the main window again.

Unfortunately, that window instead disappeared when the recovery finished, and I cannot find a way to get back to it. I couldn't even see the main window by clicking on it in the taskbar or alt-tabbing. Only using the task manager maximized it, but the small window, which would have a separate entry, is not listed. The small window is definitely still not cleared, though, because I still can't interact with the main window - the 'ding' sound that indicates another window needs to be cleared plays every time anywhere I click. Restarting the program is not a great option because the current scan took well over a day to complete, so how do I get the small results window to display? Barring that, how do I clear it so that I only have to run a 2 1/2 hour recovery instead of a day and a half scan?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  Did some simple scan after uninstalling an app AND it's databases AND backups, then the window disappeared.  Started a deep scan before I went to bed and came back the next morning but no results window. How do we keep the results window open or find it once it closes?