Total recovery file size exceeds that of which is checked off

mccooch

I recently managed to partially damage my external hard drive. As I have a lot of pictures of sentimental value, I decided to look into recovery. I found Recuva to be quite well praised, so I decided to use it. I have now completed a deep search of the disk (which is reformatted as it wouldn't even show up in "My computer" or Recuva and I couldn't enter it through disk management) and found the files I was looking for. I've checked them off, used the "recovered checked" right-click option, but when I have chosen the wanted recovery destination and clicked on OK, it says that the files will take nearly 4.5 TB of space (shown in the picture below), even though my number crunching shows it's just around the 2GB mark. If someone could tell me if it may be a bug, or I'm just doing something wrong, it would be highly appreciated.

post-70424-0-98451300-1410199119_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

keep in mind charon that this is a community forum, staffed by volunteers who do not work for Piriform.

the Devs and Admins monitor it from time to time but rarely comment.

for them it's an early warning mechanism for undesirable features, not an online help or advice column.

I reckon dialling down the attitude and explaining your situation in more detail would have a better chance of enlisting help. :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.