CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I followed your posts about this issue on tenforums. When you do a clean install of 1909 from an iso either on (dvd or usb) did you delete all other partitions when setting it up? I would recommend that so you just have one big disk size left and Windows installs 1909 and the partitions required itself. I find this often works for the best experience of a new install without niggling issues. After all you have Macrium (Quick plug here, 50% off until 2nd Dec) https://www.macrium.com/products/home?cbtcouponcode=AY8-6P7-FQL&campaignid=v7-126b
  3. Or drive people to 'dodgy' sites for old intel driver downloads. I'm sure there are lots of folk who cannot afford new machines
  4. Yes, and another is the Your Phone app which supposedly shouldn't be messed with either, even if it's entirely unused.
  5. Might backfire and be an incentive for people to upgrade to AMD Ryzen.
  6. Today
  7. In case there is a delay in getting help on forum https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or support@ccleaner.com
  8. Hi, spent last night reading different threads but couldnt fix my own issue. So my issue is whilst installing windows 10, i accidentally deleted the wrong partition on the secondary drive (238Gb). via the command prompt with Diskpart (clean). i think there were originally 3 partitions (2 tiny system partitions and the main partition). I've since installed windows 10, and Recuva but can only detect a handful of sytem files. I've made no changes to the drive except creating a new partition. I've also tried a deepscan with EaseUS but that only detected the same files as Recuva. thanks in advance
  9. I just started getting the same error on my external hard drive a couple of days ago. Windows defrag works fine, and I've used defraggler on the drive before with no issues. I've tried running it as administrator, and I even formatted the drive just to be on the safe side, but defraggler still crashes.
  10. I tried the duplicate file function in CCleaner, it works well, but has one MAJOR drawback that severely limits its usefulness. There is no way to compare two folders on two different hard drives. For example if I want to compare the "Music" folder on C drive with the "Music" folder on F drive there is no way to do it. Only option I get is to compare ALL folders on C drive with all folders on any other drive OR at best ALL C drive folders with the selected folder on the other drive. There is no way to compare files and find duplicates in any single folder on one drive with another. It would make it much easier and much less time consuming to scan only the folders you want to compare, instead of doin the entire hard drive each time you run the program.
  11. Yesterday
  12. crizal

Windows 10 1909

There's a forum that specifically deals with Windows 10 which I also post on. Don't know if I can mention it here. The possible release of 20H1 to OEM's in December to coincide with Azure releases has been mentioned. Not known is whether it'll be released to the general public at the same time changing the release schedule or if we, the user, will still get updates in the Spring and Fall. Another possibility mentioned on several forums is that there will only be one large Feature Update each year, with a minor upgrade like 1909 six months later. Guess we all will find out soon enough.
  13. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

Well, there have been indications that Win 10 2003 (currently known as 20H1) may be 'released to market' in December 2019, - 3 months early. (Who knows what they'll call it then?) Which may help explain why 1909 didn't have new features apart from a couple of mediocre changes?
  14. I've pointed piriform staff to this thread, they should reply in a day or so.
  15. I paid for and installed CCleaner Pro on my Galaxy S5 phone a month ago. Yesterday, I upgraded that phone to a Galaxy S10 (same phone #). I again downloaded CCleaner from Google Play but I cannot get it to recognize that I have paid for it and my email receipt does not show any license key. The Pro version worked on my old phone but not my new one, it just keeps asking me to upgrade. I have spent an hour or more, trying to get CCleaner registered on my new phone. I have followed the steps in the Help section on the app but nothing seems to work. I have looked on the Piriform website for an email support link where I could forward my saved email receipt to them and show that I paid for it but there doesn't seem to be one. I know the Android version of CCleaner doesn't cost very much but I already paid for a year subscription on my phone and I shouldn't have to pay for it again when it still has 11 months left. Thanks for any help.
  16. I’ve experienced the same problem with CCleaner on two separate PCs, one of which took the 1909 update and the other the simpler updates to 1903, so that one hadn’t even got to 1909 yet! It’s hugely disconcerting, but now I’ve found this Forum and have renewed hope! 😁 Thanks to all for descriptions and of course, what appears to be a fix.
  17. crizal

Windows 10 1909

I agree with you entirely. I believe @hazelnut is on the right track -- some type of configuration issue. Finding it is another matter. No doubt there will be some cumulative updates coming for 1909 and 1903 gets the same ones. I could easily test them out by going from 1903 to 1909 via Windows Update and quickly get back to 1903 by uninstalling the Enablement Package if 1909 is still problematic.
  18. Good day to you, Yesterday I've bought Pro version for 3 PCs, registred 2 instalations with no problem but have an issue with 3rd one. This exact message keeps showing up after typing in or copying registration information from e-mail. Is there any possibe way to manage or deactivate license from selected PC ? Thank you for your response.
  19. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

I suppose that what MS said is fair enough then - it seems an odd problem and if you are happy with 1903 then keep using it. Not a real fix for the problem but sometimes you just have to be practical and stick with what works for you. (And hope there is a real fix later). I had a few niggles (not problems) with 1903 that 1909 has cured. PC= Personal Computer, with the emphasis on personal, each one is set up differently with different components and software installed.
  20. crizal

Windows 10 1909

Yes -- just the Runtime Broker stopped working error. Not to confuse the issue, I have backup images (Macrium Reflect) for 1809 and 1903. I used the 1903 image to get that back on my machine. And even earlier, I put 1809 in and updated to 1909 using the Windows Update Assistant. No solution found yet. 1903 is working just fine.
  21. Are you saying you actually did a clean install of 1909 from an iso and you still had issues?
  22. If the apps don't remain hibernated until you use them again, and also for less than say 4 hours, and you have to go into settings to force stop them, then it would seem to me that that part of ccleaner is a gimmick.
  23. crizal

Windows 10 1909

@hazelnut -- I do not have any other machines. AV is Windows Defender. @nukecad -- Yes, 1909 is a 1903 fixer and you are right, the Reliability History errors aren't stopping the computer from working. It's really an annoyance at this point. The registry tweak to stop Runtime Broker was done and reversed back when I was on 1909. That was for high CPU and memory usage which has never been my issue. MS was grasping at straws. I'm back on 1903 and no errors.
  24. I find Reliability History very informative and wouldn't turn it off. When troubleshooting a machine it's one of the first things I look at.
  25. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

Sounds very odd, 1909 is not all that different to 1903. It was more of a fix update rather than a full feature update. Reliability History usually has errors in there and reports them back to MS, if you haven't turned the reporting off. Most users aren't even aware that these errors are hapening as they don't usually stop things working. I do note that you say you tweaked the registry to stop RB using high CPU, have you tried undoing/reversing that tweak in 1909? It could be that 1909 has fixed the original high CPU problem and is now balking at your tweak? PS. MS support seems to be pretty useless these days
  26. I wish I had your machine here, I'm sure it's a config issue. Do you have any other machines with this issue? What AV is on the machine?
  27. Sad day really, other companies such as Dell don't remove them. Perhaps they don't want people to use the old cheap ones, just use the new expensive ones. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/hardware/intel-is-removing-end-of-life-drivers-and-bios-downloads/
  28. crizal

Windows 10 1909

@hazelnut -- Tried with tips and background apps turned off. I have MS and local accounts, tried them. Even tried a new user. With past upgrades, there were Runtime Broker errors but they dealt with RB causing high CPU and memory usage and the workaround was a registry tweak to turn off RB. I tried that -- no joy. I also had Cortana disabled and enabled that to see if it made a difference -- nope. And yes, I did a clean install and the issue persists. I have a backed-up image of 1903 so I reverted back. I'm really out of ideas at this point.
  1. Load more activity