All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have no scaling settings, 1080p monitor, nothing fancy. If it's a fixed size then why is it different on my screenshoot? I'm familiar with scaling, the text size would be different in our screenshots if it was scaling.
  3. It is a Chrome/Chromium based browser. https://www.reddit.com/r/browsers/comments/vdhge5/arc_browser_new_browser_based_on_chromium/?rdt=42753
  4. Yesterday
  5. I mentioned FF synching above, it doesn't synch your themes and layout but does keep the tweaks
  6. If it's a Chrome/Chromium based browser look to see if it's in the community Winapp2.ini - https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/ If it isn't in Winapp2.ini, and if you know where to find where the files are stored you can modify a pre-existing Winapp2.ini entry to clean it. Note: If you go that route it's highly recommended that you backup (copy to another folder, or ZIP) your web browser profile before cleaning it, that way any issues that can or may arise can be quickly and very easily undone.
  7. I have the free version of ccleaner and everytime I tun on my computer it says 2 drivers need updating. The free version will not let you update. Not sure if there is a setting.
  8. Personall I think it's Firefox updates, but it could equally be Windows updates. They do tend to happen about the same time each month, and both are know to introduce various bugs at times. I understand about not wanting to go through the hassle of a reinstall. PS. You do know that you can sync Firefox too? https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/features/sync/
  9. I suspect that was/is advertising spam, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt. It's new and AFAIK the Windows version is still in Beta so unlikely to be included in the standard CCleaner until it is much more established and in common use. If you know, or can find, where it is saving history/caches then you can make them 'Includes' in Custom Clean.
  10. A CCleaner Professional Plus licence is valid for up to 3 devices so it's fine to do that. To install on a second or third Windows device: Download an installer for the latest version from here: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds Double click the downloaded installer and it will install CCleaner Free. Go to Options>License Key and input your registered name and key to register it as Pro. You can use the same key on Mac and Android devices, or a mix of them all. It's a similar process if you want to put CCleaner Pro on a Mac or Android device, but you have to get the installers from a different place. Be particularly careful to follow the guidance linked below if putting it on an Android device. If you already paid for Pro Plus then you don't want to buy another licence through Google Store. See the guidance here which also includes installer download links: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/article/how-to-register-and-activate-ccleaner-professional?language=en_US
  11. Very interesting about the change of process priority speeding things up, and by that much too. Thanks for letting us know, and I sure others may be trying it in future. "Restore Folder Structure" (or attempt to) is an option in the advanced settings, see the screenshot below. Yes the filenames are usually randoms, it is a bit of a pain but most people are usually just happy to get their 'lost' files back and rename them. Ignored files may be system files, 0-bytes files, non-deleted files, etc. Stuff that you aren't usually looking to recover. Again there are options in the settings if you want to include scanning for those. I originally attached this screenshot when answering a question about scanning for non-deleted files on a crashed/reformatted disk, but it shows those other options too so I'll use it again rather than attaching a new one.
  12. Thanks for moving to it's own thread and providing links to a few other previous threads. This issue is something very new, within the last few months that's been happening. I reviewed the above links and they seem to be from around 2016- 2019. Interestingly, they seem to have a commonality: Windows 10. A few months ago, I performed a fresh and new Windows installation, back to Windows 10 from Windows 11. I didn't experience this with Windows 11 which I stayed with more than 2 years. As I mentioned, when it does happen it's quite random and the interval is the same as before in terms of giving Firefox time to close completely. Anyway, this is more of minor annoyance than anything. I'm not going to uninstall/reinstall Firefox because unlike Chrome, it doesn't restore all your settings including themes like Chrome synch does. I now think this might be related to Windows 10 too.
  13. Well, oddly enough, none of those options resolved the problem. I'll keep digging.
  14. How do I set Ccleaner to clean the history and cache in Arc for Windows by The Browser Company? Thanks for your help. Arc Website: {Link Removed}
  15. Last week
  16. Thank you for clarifying the details, as I was very nervous and didn't dare to change Recuva process priority - but it did actually speed up the recovery. When I changed the priority to "Realtime", the reading speed went from ~9-10 MB/s back to ~180 MB/s. However, despite I didn't write anything to the disk after deleting my backup, Recuva couldn't restore the the paths, nor the filenames of the deleted files. I was able to recover ~99,300 files (Word documents, PDF files, and MOV/MP3/MP4 files) and all the filenames were random numbers like [453474].ext and it took me a while to find some of the files I was looking for - but not all of them. Recuva found ~3.5 million files, but whatever I do, it's "ignoring" 99.9%. Why is that? Is it possible to at least see which files are "ignored" and why? I haven't restarted my OS since Recuva finished scanning the 10 TB disk, and only used hibernation. My motherboard also support how swap, so I take the disk offline every time before hibernating, and reconnect it after powering up again. I'm well aware of the risks of using RAID-0, and "putting all my eggs in one basket", and that's why I have 10 servers (Dell PowerEdge R-series) configured as NAS backup servers, using RAID-5 configuration. The problem is that HDDs have a short lifespans, and sometimes I have to replace a disk - which is why all this happened. I'll, of course, be much more careful from now on.
  17. Does my CCleaner Plus subscription allow me to use on my desktop and a new laptop I just bought. If I can do I just download on laptop and use my current product key?
  18. For licencing/account issues you need to contact support, we can't access accounts here. You can raise a support ticket by using the form here: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general
  19. I have split this out to it's own thread, it is not the same issue as where it was originally posted. That was related to Smart Cleaning which you say that you are not using. First of all are you giving Firefox time to fully close before running CCleaner? It can sometimes take a while for Firefox to fully close. (And it may not be showing in Task Manager because it is in the process of closing). However what you describe sounds more like a known Firefox bug where it doesn't close properly. It's something that has been happening for years and it usually starts happening following a Firefox update. (Best guess is that the update hasn't installed correctly for some reason?) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1232653 https://support.mozilla.org/bm/questions/1256490 There are many other such threads - generally if/when it starts happening for you then the way to fix it is to reset Firefox or sometimes you need to uninstall/reinstall Firefox.
  20. That is interesting, - because the network passwords themselves are saved in registry entries. Just to note that the 'Manage Known networks' that you screenshot should show the networks that you have previously saved a password for, whether they are currently available or not. Mine is still showing ones I haven't connected to for a couple of years, (some of which no longer exist), and I run Custom Clean multiple times a day. However; to enter (set up) a password for a network it has to be in range and you have to connect to it, when you connect is when it asks for the password. If at some time you have told Windows to 'Forget' a Network (or cleared not-in-range-networks out some other way) then it won't show in that 'known network' list again unless/until you connect to it again and enter the password again. So the question has to be - are there any other saved networks showing in your 'Manage know networks' list before you run Custom Clean? ie, Have you been in range of and reconnected to the 'missing' networks and re-entered their passwords? They won't be there unless/until you have done that. Edit- I do note that you say your are adding the the networks back manually. But as far as I am aware the network still has to be within range for you to do that, otherwise you just get a "Couldn't add the new network" error:
  21. Same problem here. I was about to make a new post about it. I am getting the false positive error that FF is open and asking my permission to close before [manual] cleaning. FF including other Mozilla service are not running as I have verified within TaskManager and Process Hacker. I have everything on manual, no updater, no smartcleaning. I use Custom Clean. Also, the last time FF was updated for me was on April 2. The issue happened moments ago. This isn't a major problem, just a minor annoyance which started happening a few CCC versions ago. I'm using W10.
  22. Recuva is fine for simply "recover everything found" but anyone limited for space will need to select what files to recover. For this Recuva is not the tool to use. I don't understand why it is so very basic after so many years. Free is great but when so limited there's no reason to even consider buying it. 1. Start with basic Windows Explorer view functions. Have columns that can show all of the available data. File size is key. 2. Add a filter. I don't want to recover 10,000 thumbnails but there's no way to exclude those. 3. Enable directory view with thumbnails. Viewing thumbnails of the 41,000 viewed files is too cumbersome. I should be able to navigate to a directory of interest and then grid view only that directory, or that directory plus subfolders. 4. How much am I recovering?! It doesn't tell me how much free space I need! I don't know if there will be an error when not enough. 5. BUG: I had selected everything while filtered on "*.jpg". I removed the filter. The view showed "D:\" with a dark blue checkbox but upon clicking the "+" to expand, it showed that the new folders (that do not have jpgs) were not selected! 6. There's no counter at the bottom to say how many files are selected (should show file count and total size) 7. Allow selection by recovery status! Let me recover all of the green ones to a folder that I know is good and the yellows and reds to a folder that I must manually review. 8. The coolest thing would be identifying corrupted and non-corrupted files. I see many red files that look fine. So I assume that you make that determination on something other than analyzing the actual file contents. 9. Allow me to right-click copy the filename so that I can search whether I have another copy of that file or not. Allow right-click open the file. Thank you for not having a GB limit on the free version! My recollection was that there is a 1 GB limit but that would be a huge problem when I can't easily select the files to restore. I mistakenly restored when filtered on jpg and have to repeat it with all files. Since the program is so limited and I have space, I recovered everything (4 GB) and I will use DuplicateCleaner and other tools to review what was recovered. 10. The next step for everyone is to review the recovered files, so advertise your product that does that. I think that CCleaner can dedupe. Regards, Brian
  23. Other than the GDPR licensing updates which they would've been forced to update for I think the fair answer is they're way more involved with continued development of CCleaner, and the other software suffers being neglected because of it. As for a freeware alternative to Speccy there's HWiNFO and HWiNFOPortable (from PortableApps.com), and others that are kept up-to-date with current hardware.
  24. I executed the Custom Clean and the saved wifi networks are missing again. I have not executed the Registry Clean yet. The list of known networks has only one network now, the network to which I am connected (in the past, I have tried running Ccleaner with the wifi adapter turned off and not a single known network is seen after).
  25. See, but I wonder if the Product Licensing is the reason for the restriction of Updates to Speccy. All companies have departments for each task. Each department has a Head of the Department that makes the final decision. So, I'm assuming that whatever department was focused on Speccy Updates either has been disbanded or keeps getting denied when they ask to do update on it. And then the same people who are doing the 'denying' aren't going public about it. So, if you contact them and they just say "soon," but soon never happens, then their Marketing Department is just giving you scripted responses because the true answer is: "Probably never."
  26. Thanks, I have not seen that reported before. Let's see if you can narrow it down. Try doing a Custom Clean without running the Reg Cleaner, close CCleaner. - are your network passwords still there? If they are still there then do a Reg Clean without a Custom Clean, close CCleaner. - are your network passwords still there? PS. We advise against running reg cleaner as a regular thing, it will not speed up your computer, and can even break it. (There are plenty of posts about that happening on this forum). Registry Cleaning is a specific tool for fixing things, it is not a regular cleaning tool. For the official Piriform advice on using the CCleaner Registry Cleaner see this: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59952-i-get-a-registry-error-on-ccleaner-on-windows-10-i-have-scanned-5-times/?tab=comments#comment-326804
  27. I am using Windows 10. I am running both Registry and Custom Clean. It is what you showed on your picture: to connect to any of my previously saved networks, I need to input the network password again.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.