CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I've installed an older version. That's got rid of the intrusions.
  3. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

Yes, I knew what you meant - it's just struck me as funnier to look at it the other way. Maybe they should number next years feature updates as 20-3 and 20-9 (or just stick with 20H1 and 20H2).
  4. crizal

Windows 10 1909

@nukecad -- 2003 aka 20H1 aka the next Feature Update. I do like your angle better.
  5. Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 C++ Redistributable has been updated to 14.24.28174.4 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
  6. Not that will be discussed here on an official company website. Please read the thread, it's been answered as to why it only occurred this year.
  7. Sorry, I was meaning what do the pop-ups say? Knowing what they say we can then work out what is causing them, and advise how you can stop them. The way to stop them will be different depending on just what they are saying.
  8. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

LOL. - They're only 16 years too late.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Thank goodness, I thought my memory had gone south. Also being plagued by renewal notices yet Piriform claim it's always been a one year license. Bought Pro in 2014 and very strange that this has only occurred this year. Anyone know of another cleaner?
  11. Ok, thank you. I'll take a look at file hippo.
  12. Things change, companies that wish to put out free software must monetize in some manner. These pop-ups may herald installers which don't have PuPs (no inside knowledge on this just speculating). As far as old versions the official place to serve these is at file hippo. Ones on other sites cannot be guaranteed safe. Finally, some versions (ones from recent year and older ones) may not be compatible with newer builds of windows 10.
  13. That's all very well, but earlier versions didn't intrude at all. I am going to have to test previous versions from oldversion.com.
  14. crizal

Windows 10 1909

Sure have. There've been a few suggestions and ideas but nothing that's worked. Seems to be a very obscure issue. Including myself, I know of only five people experiencing this and I did report it to MS on the Feedback Hub -- no responses. MS support has been pretty lame on many levels. BTW -- computer will be 4 years old in March. Came with Win 10 1511 and has never had any major issue through 1903 which worked flawlessly. 1909 is essentially 1903 on steroids -- they both get the same updates. That's the puzzle -- what changed in 1909 to trigger this error ……….
  15. Nergal

Windows 10 1909

Have you tried reposting this on tenforums.com?
  16. If you use the free version, you just have to deal with sales popups. However popups like "your browser has closed do you want to clean" then it's the smart monitoring option in ccleaner. They're only there for about 15 or so seconds, so dealing with them seems possible
  17. I have no idea how to do that.
  18. ... prohibit all internet requests from ccleaner with your firewall - perhaps this will help you
  19. Any/all of them which CCleaner puts in the bottom right of my browser.
  20. crizal

Windows 10 1909

@Andavari, @nukecad -- Sorry for delayed response. I just finished doing another experiment. I did another clean install of Win 10 1909 (getting very good at this) and something did change very recently and it could've been something Microsoft did (perhaps getting ready for 2003?) ….. 1. The first update to 1909 was from 1903 via Windows Update. Everything worked for 4 days, then the Runtime error started. 2. Did clean install of 1909. Runtime error started exactly 2 weeks later. 3. Just completed another clean install of 1909 and Runtime error started immediately. There is obviously something in 1909 that doesn't like my computer or it could be something in my computer doesn't agree with 1909. Why there was a delay in it showing up and now it's immediate tells me something is different "under the hood". I'm going to let it go and see if Cumulative Updates remedy the situation, or, wait for 2003 to come out. In any event, computer's working fine so while there's a mystery -- it's not hurting anything.
  21. More information might help us to help you. What/which pop ups are you seeing that are annoying you?
  22. You certainly could try, either the Professional or free version, there is no difference in the recovery capabilities. There are no data limitations with either version, but of course no guarantee that you will receover all, or any, of your previous files.
  23. I find them extremely annoying and totally unnecessary. Can I get rid of them, or do I have to revert to a previous edition?
  24. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

I'd also suspect that is the probable explanation. It's taking too long to complete a task and so times out with an error, then it immediately tries again and completes sucessfully - which is why the system then runs normally. Of course that still doesn't explain just why it's taking too long and timing out in the first instance. Possibly background tasks loading at startup? Try Settings>Apps>Startup to turn them off?
  25. I sometimes wonder if it's just a timing error, like something taking longer to perform a task causing it. don't know off hand. Kind of reminds me of Firefox Portable running from slow media like an IDE hard disk on an old OS like WinXP (or even a commodity low-end USB stick running slowly in a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port), where it will warn something is taking too long as if it were so critical to show the end-user some form of error, yet if it just waited a few seconds instead of warning it would be non-issue since whatever it's loading will eventual load.
  26. I installed a new SATA 3 HDD in my neighbor's laptop. Ran Defraggler w/o any problems. Now upgraded their OS to Win 10, and Defraggler recognizes the HDD as an SSD instead. Why?
  27. I thought I solved the problem by unstalling Avast and installing a different AV, but the script error didn't appear only once after that. On second ccleaner opening, it came back
  1. Load more activity