All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I have the same problem...it seems I've got to wait wait wait till it connects ..the I can go to a website...or 'server not found"
  3. Android not windows. However the question is right. Do you mean regular clean, deep clean, quick clean or autoclean
  4. Can you explain more what it is that you are wanting to do? Just what part of CCleaner do you want to whitelist an app in? (and what app is it?) Health Check, Custom Clean, Software Updater, somewhere else?
  5. Yesterday
  6. It may just be that they are busy at support then. I'd say give it another week and if nobody has got back to you by then let us know and we will try to give them a poke for you. PS. I'm not sure if it's a translation misunderstanding there but the email address to send support requests to is not a gmail it's - support@ccleaner.com or by using the online request form at: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general However of you have already sent an email to the right place then please do not send another yet because doing so can actually slow down a reply.
  7. Hello Sir. Thank you for your quick reply. Oh i really sorry. I was confused between premium and professional. My products are professional. It was a common misconception that I had. The email I purchased is the same as it is now. When I sent my inquiry, I also sent it to the email address I used when purchasing it. (gmail.com) My CleverBridge receipt was also sent to my current email address. I believe this is proof that the email address I entered when purchasing was correct.
  8. It can take a while for a support person to get back to you, especially if/when they have a lot of requests to deal with. Did you use the same email address as when purchasing? PS. Was it CCleaner Premium that you purchased? Your screenshot says CCleaner Professional. If it was Premium then there will be more details in your purchase email about the Premium "Live Chat" Support that you paid extra for: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner-premium-bundle
  9. Hi Anony2000: I am a long-time user of CCleaner Free Portable that I run from a removable USB stick and I have never installed CCleaner on my computer. See my 21-Jul-2023 post on page 5 of Wisewiz's Welcome Back to CCleaner Professional ??? about the registry entries at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Piriform and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Piriform that CCleaner Free Portable creates on my system. I sent a support request to Avast / Piriform in July 2023 asking why a portable app would have to create all these registry entries, and if there was any way to prevent their creation in the first place, and never received a response. That July 2023 topic of Wisewiz's is seven pages long but you might find some useful information in pages 4 to 7. The OP Wisewiz posted <here> on 18-Oct-2023 that they switched to using a modified version of CCleaner (ccPortable) from PortableApps.com that does not create these registry entries. I haven't made that switch to ccPortable yet, but I have a 64-bit OS and whenever I update CCleaner Free Portable I unzip the zipped file (e.g., ccsetup6xx.zip) and delete every file except CCleaner64.exe, portable.dat and License.txt - see my 26-Nov-2023 post <here> on page 7 of Wisewiz's topic for further details (NOTE: I also and keep the ccleaner.ini file from the previous that stores my custom configuration settings - the \Log and \Setup folders are created the first time CCleaner64.exe is launched) . I have no need for the extra bloat that Avast / Piriform has added to CCleaner in recent years (e.g., Health Check, Software Updater, Driver Updater,etc.), and Custom Clean and the registry cleaner (which I rarely us) still work correctly on my system. I have also disabled automatic updating at Options | Updates | Keep CCleaner Updated Automatically, deleted the CCleaner Update task from the Windows Task Scheduler (my image below is from Sep 2022 when I was using CCleaner Free Portable v5.89, but I'm guessing newer versions of CCleaner Portable v6.xx still create this scheduled task in Task Scheduler), and created a firewall rule to block all incoming and outgoing traffic by CCleaner64.exe through my Windows firewall) to eliminate as much unwanted (and completely unnecessary) background activity by CCleaner Free Portable as possible. ------------ 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4291 * Firefox v125.0.3 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24030.9-1.1.24030.4 * Malwarebytes Premium v5.1.3.110-1.0.1219 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.23.11010
  10. Hello. English is not my native language, so there may be some grammatical errors in my English sentences. You must take this into account. I purchased ccleaner on April 24th, and when I installed it to use it, I found out that I could no longer use it because it was blocked by the company's MDM system installed on my computer. And I sent an email to ccleaner the very next day to request a refund, but it's been exactly 10 days and I still haven't received a response from ccleaner. It is clearly stated that premium users can receive priority customer support, but I am not sure if I am receiving a service equivalent to premium. (Our email and priority support policy If you have an active paid CCleaner subscription, priority support means that we make every effort to prioritize your email requests and queries. It's a benefit that's not available to the free users of our products.) While I was at a loss as to what to do, I found out that there was a community forum and decided to write here again. If the support team sees my post, please be sure to check the email I sent.
  11. I have merged your two threads about the same topic. Firstly:- The Portable is not meant to be installed - (the clue is in the word "Portable"). If you do install it then it will behave like the CCleaner installed versions. Except that as you note it doesn't have UI buttons for Driver Updater or Performance Optimiser, because those need an installed CCleaner and the Portable is not meant to be installed. Note that the Software Updater, whether the one in Health Check or the one in Tools, cannot update anything in the Free CCleaner versions anyway. In Portable (not installed) it can't even check for new sofware versions because it doesn't 'phone home', HC ignores that in Portable (not installed) but if you try to use the seperate Tool to do a software scan then you get an error. Second: As for your above registy tweak*, and whether you can remove the Health Check button from the UI: Removing the button from the UI can be done but isn't meant to be done, (and you neeed to change more than simply one reg entry), but if you do that then it will just come back again next update. *As no doubt your registry tweak above will also revert to default with the next CCleaner update. There is also no guarantee that those reg entries will not be altered (or even renamed or removed) in future. It's much easier all round to simply install the correct CCleaner and then ignore Health Check if you don't want to use it. You can easily set CCleaner so that it always shows you Custom Clean on opening, and then you can toally ignore Health Check if you want to. (I have mine set like that). Options>Settings>CCleaner Home Screen PS. If you do block CCleaners' outgoing connections then certain functions will not work properly or not work at all. CCleaner needs those connectons to function properly, you either accept that or don't use CCleaner. Your choice. (But if you do block any/all of the connections then please mention that fact if/when coming back here for help because your CCleaner is then not working as it should do).
  12. Thanks much for the Winapp2.ini and winapp2ool.exe updates!
  13. How can I white list an app?
  14. UPDATE: I disabled Software Updater and after restarting, those 4 IP addresses are still trying to be connected to. I don't get this.
  15. I figured it out: Use regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Piriform\CCleaner Create string value: (Cfg)SoftwareUpdater 0 is OFF 1 is ON Now, can someone tell me how to remove the "Health Check" main tab so it's just "Custom Clean", Registry, Tools, and Options?
  16. Last week
  17. Is there any regedit or ini setting to disable Software Update tab in tools?
  18. Hello, Ccleaner (64bit) 6.23.11010 PORTABLE FREE version installed on Windows 10, simple cable modem setup, nothing else. I disabled my internet, installed Ccleaner. I've got a problem though. Even when I use run CCleaner context menu from the recycle bin, it ALWAYS tries to create an outbound connection and connect to the internet. I've created a simple firewall rule to block it, but it's annoying me that I can't figure out why it's trying to connect. I don't have driver updater. The only thing I can think it is, is software updater feature, which I thought wasn't supposed to run unless I press update or refresh? 1) Is there any regedit or ini setting I can use to disable 'Software Updater'? 2) Why is CCleaner64.exe trying to connect to the internet, especially when it's the portable version? Here are the destination IP addresses: 23.207.41.41 34.149.149.62 104.103.68.113 104.103.68.73
  19. I have serious problems with these annoying "loyalty discounts". I am a reasonably well-educated human life form and will search for "loyalty discounts" if I am of a mind to do so. Further - why aren't these simply offered at the time of renewal - only on the renewal page - not every time I open Ccleaner? Obviously, I feel that this is a good piece of software, or I would simply abandon it, but I think it's worth voicing an opinion in the hope that it will make a difference. I have renewed for years - all without popups. The introduction has a reverse effect for most users, I would think - rather than making you want to re-subscribe, I know of people who simply moved to other utilities, such as Bleachbit, because of this. Please - consider this comment and rethink this extreme annoyance, you will gain more respect and retain more customers than you are likely to lose, as this is not an "essential" app - no matter how you market it. Thank you.
  20. nukecad

Is it legit?

As long as you don't click on anything on a webpage then it's unlikely that you'll get anything 'nasty' from that webpage. If you want to reassure yourself then do a threat scan of the machine. Windows Settings>Update & Security>Windows Security>Vurus and threat protection>Quick scan. PS. Malwarebytes Browser Guard will warn/block you if you try to go to a dodgy website. It's an AddOn available for most browsers and it's FREE. https://www.malwarebytes.com/browserguard (Ignore that "$35.99 value" crap it's just marketing bull, MBG browser extension has always been Free for anyone to use. You don't need to have the full Malwarebytes to use the browser guard).
  21. filipfw

Is it legit?

Thank you. Yeah, I've forgot to add that I clicked that link but also escape this site after 10s. I didn't click anything on that site because I had second thought that I'm not sure is it legit. This is first year of using cclaner by my friend so she didn't get any of this before. Should I do something to make sure it is legit od okey?
  22. What are the actual 3 drivers that wouldn't update?
  23. nukecad

Is it legit?

The cleverbridge email address looks OK, and while 2 months may be considered early by many people marketing people would no doubt say that it's just "giving plenty of notice". I suspect that if your friend simply ignores it they will get another reminder nearer their expiry date.
  24. Offers to update out of date drivers then fails So I tried to do it manually and windows says all drivers are up to date
  25. filipfw

Is it legit?

My friend got a email remainder about upcoming new subscription period from no-replay@cleverbridge.com. There was some link to mange or cancel their subscription. But it's 60 days before new year subscription period. I wonder is it legit or some scam?
  26. Good to hear that worked as it should. I will lock the thread and mark it as Solved so others may find it useful.
  27. That did it. Got my reference number and instantly canceled. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.