CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for the fast response! Guess I can relax then
  3. Windows recreates the index file immediately after ccleaner deletes it. That's the size of the empty index.
  4. I am running Windows 10 Pro build 1903 with CCleaner Professional v5.63.7540 (64 bit), installed 4 hours ago. I had been running CCleaner Free Edition until then. I also run AVG Anti-Virus, but use Windows 10 Defender Firewall. Checking the firewall settings under Apps, it allows CCleaner Update full in/out access. No other App appears on the list in relation to CCleaner. When I ran CCleaner earlier it hung on Clipboard at 33% when I ran the Cleaner after analysis. Checking on Task Manager the System Host Clipboard was running up to 80% CPU usage. The Clipboard had been cleared prior to this, so I assume was empty. Closing CCleaner and restarting it, I then un-ticked Clipboard under CCleaner Settings. The analysis and cleaning proceeded and finished completely very quickly. On another laptop with the same Windows 10 Professional system, but NOT using Windows Defender Firewall, but the separate McAfee Firewall, CCleaner Professional works fine. Out of interest (separate query!) - if I run CCleaner again immediately after a successful clean operation, it comes up with a file named Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files, and of 5,121 KB and a System File of 1 KB. Where do these files come from when I haven't used Internet Explorer in the meantime? Many thanks for any help.
  5. Today
  6. What you are seeing is the file entry in the MFT. The file's data will have been overwritten, If you look in the Info pane in Recuva you will see that the header is all zeroes. When you run a secure delete in Recuva the file status will turn to red, as Recuva knows that it has been overwritten in that session. When you restart Recuva the status will be back to green, as Recuva has no way of knowing that you overwrote the file on the last run, and a file of all zeroes is, or can be, a valid file.
  7. So my HD ran for like 3 hours to "Secure delete/overwrite" a bunch of files. Then I ran recuva again, and all of them are present w3ith a "no overwritten clusters found" as before. So I tried with a single file. Thje green dot changed to red. Same thingh, next start of the program it was green again. There is not much you could do differently...what can be the problem?
  8. I have pointed admins to your post. Bear in mind it is the weekend so there may be some delay.
  9. I renewed my license on 20/11/2019 and duly entered the new Licence Key shown in your Email.. Initially it updated my license but has now reverted to EXPIRED. I then received a message from you today also stating my license has expired. I would be grateful if you would correct this error as soon as possible.
  10. Long running, well known bug in DF sorry to say. many threads on the subject. no word from up high as to fix. also happens in CCleaner. both software will get it wrong then get it right then switch back depending on updates to either the OS or the software.
  11. If you use Windows 10 it will eventually not allow you to use an old version at some point. What older version did you install? There are caveats using older versions such as bugs they've fixed in more recent versions. If using an older version that still has the ability to clean the Windows.old folder it can damage Windows 10, and some other possible Windows 10 damaging issues they've fixed.
  12. Yesterday
  13. SlimBrowser est un navigateur basé sur Firefox. J'aimerais beaucoup que les navigateurs basés sur Firefox soient reconnus par CCleaner. Si d'autres utilisateur de SlimBrowser souhaite appuyer cette suggestion, il serait important de vous manifester. SlimBrowser is a browser based on Firefox. I would love Firefox-based browsers to be recognized by CCleaner. If other SlimBrowser users wish to support this suggestion, it would be important to show up.
  14. I've installed an older version. That's got rid of the intrusions.
  15. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

Yes, I knew what you meant - it's just struck me as funnier to look at it the other way. Maybe they should number next years feature updates as 20-3 and 20-9 (or just stick with 20H1 and 20H2).
  16. crizal

Windows 10 1909

@nukecad -- 2003 aka 20H1 aka the next Feature Update. I do like your angle better.
  17. Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 C++ Redistributable has been updated to 14.24.28174.4 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
  18. Not that will be discussed here on an official company website. Please read the thread, it's been answered as to why it only occurred this year.
  19. Sorry, I was meaning what do the pop-ups say? Knowing what they say we can then work out what is causing them, and advise how you can stop them. The way to stop them will be different depending on just what they are saying.
  20. nukecad

Windows 10 1909

LOL. - They're only 16 years too late.
  21. Last week
  22. Thank goodness, I thought my memory had gone south. Also being plagued by renewal notices yet Piriform claim it's always been a one year license. Bought Pro in 2014 and very strange that this has only occurred this year. Anyone know of another cleaner?
  23. Ok, thank you. I'll take a look at file hippo.
  24. Things change, companies that wish to put out free software must monetize in some manner. These pop-ups may herald installers which don't have PuPs (no inside knowledge on this just speculating). As far as old versions the official place to serve these is at file hippo. Ones on other sites cannot be guaranteed safe. Finally, some versions (ones from recent year and older ones) may not be compatible with newer builds of windows 10.
  25. That's all very well, but earlier versions didn't intrude at all. I am going to have to test previous versions from oldversion.com.
  26. crizal

Windows 10 1909

Sure have. There've been a few suggestions and ideas but nothing that's worked. Seems to be a very obscure issue. Including myself, I know of only five people experiencing this and I did report it to MS on the Feedback Hub -- no responses. MS support has been pretty lame on many levels. BTW -- computer will be 4 years old in March. Came with Win 10 1511 and has never had any major issue through 1903 which worked flawlessly. 1909 is essentially 1903 on steroids -- they both get the same updates. That's the puzzle -- what changed in 1909 to trigger this error ……….
  27. Nergal

Windows 10 1909

Have you tried reposting this on tenforums.com?
  28. If you use the free version, you just have to deal with sales popups. However popups like "your browser has closed do you want to clean" then it's the smart monitoring option in ccleaner. They're only there for about 15 or so seconds, so dealing with them seems possible
  1. Load more activity