CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi , I have a problem with my pro version. Whenever I check for registry problems it comes up with a list and I carry out the usual procedures and it informs me that all problems have been sorted . If I then go back a few minutes (or seconds ) later and check the registry I get the same list up every time. Also I get informed of the latest update which I download and then nothing happens . Not sure what to do . I have tried re-downloading the program but to no avail. Please can anyone advise what to do.
  3. Today
  4. There have been a couple of reports of this behaviour. I would check if anything 'CCleaner' is being blocked by your firewall settings, those two functions need to be able to connect. We have been told by Admin in another thread that you should specifically check that the 'healthcheck.ccleaner.com' web service is allowed through the firewall.
  5. Only 1 flag out of 67 A/V providers on VirusTotal is a good indication that it's a false positive. This particular FP has already been commented on by the Piriform Admin: https://forum.piriform.com/topic/55753-latest-versiom-ccleaner-dangerous/?tab=comments#comment-311444
  6. 2TB’s - my guess is if you get it done within 2 days of continually leaving the pc on then you’d be in the ball park.
  7. These mangled language strings (for multiple languages) were also in 5.62. The developers have fixed them now - but not in time for the 5.63 release. You'll see them looking as they should for the 5.64 release in a couple of weeks.
  8. The developers are constantly monitoring the forums for bug reports and feature suggestions (which is why you will often see CCleaner folks popping in and asking for additional information on some of the more esoteric bug reports). There were a number of fixes (especially the language ones) that were dev complete a few days ago but that did not make it into production code in time for this release. Most of these should be covered in the next release due out in a couple of weeks.
  9. Dr Web has a tendency to false-positive our new releases for the first 24-72 hours after release. They tend to respond quite promptly though to feedback from us and from their users about corrections though.
  10. We managed to mangle several languages recently. This has all been fixed by the developers, but deployment of the fixes did not make it in time for yesterday's 5.63 release. 5.64 will come with the languages fixed and is intended for release in a couple of weeks.
  11. Quite a few language versions of CCleaner are have a problem with text display. No word yet from Admins about when it will be fixed. See here https://forum.piriform.com/topic/55746-hieroglyphs-in-new-version-of-ccleaner-5637540/
  12. @CZ69 this is a false positive, a good indicator of this is that no other AV has picked it up. We have submitted our files to DrWeb for review and this should be removed in 24-48hrs
  13. Hello, In the French version of CCleaner, the item "ExĂ©cuter CCleaner" appears in some contextual menus. I correct it by "Exécuter CCleaner" with "regedit" unfortunately with each new update, the error reappears. Will it be possible for you to correct it? Yvan Charles Béard
  14. But Virustotal detects a trojan in ccsetup563.exe, too: DrWeb: Trojan.PWS.Siggen2.34627
  15. Yes, it's a false positive. It usually happens after every release. It should be fixed in a day or two, Microsoft will have to update the filter.
  16. Virustotal detects a trojan in ccsetup563.exe: DrWeb: Trojan.PWS.Siggen2.34627 Windows 10 SmartScreen filter shows a warning, too (see screenshots). Any ideas?
  17. Also see here https://forum.piriform.com/topic/55734-ccleaner-117-for-mac-crashed-on-macos-catalina/ As you paid you are entitled to free direct support https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  18. I just upgraded to Catalina and downloaded the latest version of CCleaner - and paid for it. I can drag it into Applications with no problem, but when I try to open it it comes up with this message. “CCleaner” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. And I can go no further. Any ideas out there? Cheers M
  19. 5.63 released today AND THEY DIDN'T FIX THIS BUG. Do these guys read the forums???? What's the point of reporting bugs IF THEY COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM?????
  20. I have ccleaner professional and every time I run healthcheck it says, "it looks like you're offline." Because of this the "speed" and the "security" functions say unavailable when offline. Internet access is definitely available. How do I correct this?
  21. Other software companies's installers don't have this issue, so it is down to CCleaner to fix.....not Windows.
  22. Thanks, Nuke. Just a few minutes ago, using "Patch My PC", I did install it on one of my laptops (I've got 10 separate computers), which uses the build 18362, not the one that I reported on using build 18999. Patch My PC installed it straight away with no problems. When I reboot the one with 18999 (an insider version), probably tomorrow, I'll use Patch to install it there, as i will with all the other computers.
  23. Dell 9020 Speccy reports PCI slot as shared. What context does this feedback refer to? Shared? With what or whom? Slot Type PCI-E Gen 3 x16 Slot Usage Available Data lanes x16 Slot Designation X16 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 1
  24. i have 2tb hard drive and I'm Defrraggling the whole drive. How long does it usually takes because it been running for 6 hours and it saying Defragmenting 1%!
  25. No need to report as anything. You can copy paste the registration key you were given into the free and you'll have your pro.
  26. Problem with WSCSVC (Windows security center) still relevant in CCleaner v5.63.7540 (15 Oct 2019)
  1. Load more activity