CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. When attempting to print an attachment in Gmail the Print feature crashes and closes Chrome. CCleaner v5.62.7538 Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 update 1903
  3. Yesterday
  4. After recovering deleted files I am unable to open any files. I receive the message that the file format or extension in invalid. this si happening to any files I try to open regardless if it is an excel, word or photo format.
  5. Thank you Andavari. I will give that a try. Barbara
  6. Thank you very much for the modified/revised entries and all replies. Winapp2.ini updates: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/7baa0ab52da24df2b5b85cb7aaf1655dfab8ce44
  7. Likely cause is because Edge by default will pre-launch and pre-load when you start your PC. There's a solution here has to be done by the user on each PC since there's no automatic fix implemented yet: https://forum.piriform.com/topic/53177-how-to-disable-pre-launching-and-pre-loading-so-ccleaner-can-fully-clean-edge/?do=findComment&comment=302353
  8. Two of the drives I created in Windows Storage Spaces pool have an error. Recuva does not see the missing drives. Any help would be appreciated.
  9. CCleaner v5.62.7538 * Portable ZIP build = 3 detections * Standard installer build = 2 detections * Slim installer build = 2 detections Two of those antivirus engines "Antiy-AVL" and "Jiangmin" that have detections produce allot of false positives on VirusTotal, to the point I wish they'd just remove them based on their false positive history. The same can be said for ClamAV/ClamWin every now and then.
  10. There are many apps that seem to have problems with Catalina at the moment and not just because of the 32bit issue. https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/12/20908567/apple-macos-catalina-breaking-apps-32-bit-support-how-to-prepare-avoid-update https://mjtsai.com/blog/2019/10/11/mail-data-loss-in-macos-10-15/
  11. CCleaner does not work well and restarts to many times in mac OS Catalina, if you can check it please Thank you
  12. Last week
  13. After running Custom Clean using CCleaner Professional v 5.62.7538, the Advanced Report shows that 4 items were skipped during cleaning. Microsoft Edge - Session Microsoft Edge - Set Aside Tabs Microsoft Edge - Saved Form Information Microsoft Edge - Saved Cards I tried unplugging from internet, rebooting my computer, and running Custom Clean again but it still skipped those 4 items. Why won't it clean them? Thank you. Barbara
  14. Thanks for both your replies , i shifted to MSE because Avast twice stopped my net connection , so i'll run with custom clean , with Defender Unchecked , i've never really gone into ccleaner over the last 10 or so more years , i see you can set it to schedule a scan which i never knew . I've just learnt something after asking about ccleaner . Regards Sno ..
  15. As a general rule of thumb, if out of ~70 AV engines none of the major ones detect anything and you only get flags from a couple of engines that you have never heard of before, the chances are that you're looking at a false positive. Old version of CCleaner prior to 5.58 were prone to this (detection of the Google Toolbar optional installer, before we got rid of it) but we still get the occasional hit from engines that are prone to autoflag any binaries that are new to them (we release every month) or have behaviour monitoring heuristics that look upon the CCleaner's functions with suspicion.
  16. This feature is still broken in 1.17.603 I just wrote a new forum post regarding this. I wish CCleaner would fix this issue once and for all!
  17. I'm using the latest version of CCleaner for Mac, 1.17.603. I'm trying to use the feature under Options > Cookies > select the cookies you want to keep. I try to visit all my websites that I want to save my cookies for so I don't have to keep logging in to each website after I run CCleaner. Then, after visiting all my websites for cookies I want to keep, I try to find the cookies within CCleaner and no cookies can be found! I've quit Safari completely, but no cookies ever show up in the list within CCleaner. This feature is ONLY broken on Mac. The "cookies to keep" feature works great on Windows computers! I even went as far as to freshly install my Mac OS. I installed a fresh copy of CCleaner, and the bug STILL exists! Could CCleaner PLEASE fix this!?
  18. - I have a suggestion on how to increase to amount of applications that are supported by CCleaner. 1) Dump every definition for every program in one file (E.g. "Winapp2.ini"). I know that this file will grow, grow and grow as time goes by and that this will increase the amount of time CCleaner needs to go through all the definitions in that file. 2) To reduce the amount of time CC needs to search through that list, create a second list (e.g. Winapp3.ini") which contains only a (very) few definitions (when CC is installed) like for e.g. MS Internet Explorer, MS Edge, MS Edge (chromium based), CHrome, Firefox, etc. In other words programs that are (still) used on very frequent basis. 3) Let CC search for the program "footprints" that are contained in that first list ("winapp2.ini"). Do that with a (VERY) low priority and in a separate process. Each time CC finds a match in that file/list, copy that definition/foot print to the second list (E.g. "Winapp3.ini".) That way this 2nd list will only have a very modest size and can be executed in a very limited amount of time. 4) Add somewhere a button or an option called "Update definitions now". This option then forces CC to update that "Winapp3.ini" file without a delay and with high priority.
  19. No. Because Virus Total reported two trojan on the latest version. This report was concerning the 32bit of ccleaner inside the installer and inside the portable version. I would be happy to hear that the latest version of ccleaner is safe and clean. Probably are false positives but I install only software submitted on Virus Total that are fully validated for malware free. It's very hard to use software that potentially can destroy your system today (crackers, black hackers, criminals, etc). To win this game it's necessary to be very suspicious. Sorry. Have a nice day.
  20. Have you tried the Uninstall tool within CCleaner to remove it?
  21. I'm still here for informing that on PC of my mother running windows 8.1 64bit and on PC of my sister running windows 10 home 64bit the problem is alive and very annoying... I just tried on these PCs.
  22. @AlecosHave you tried updating your CCleaner?
  23. This happens to me too. I have a previous version of ccleaner portable. I was running the 64 bit ccleaner exe on windows 1903 home 64bit. I noted this starting from the 4^ week of September 2019. Recently I installed a new windows update net framework. This happened this evening too. Is very frustrating to see. I hope will be fixed as soon as possible in new version.
  24. trium

ublock users

thanks for this good news hazelnut :-)
  25. hello smutje, as hazelnut say, there is an ccleaner-instance running -> perhaps the "smart cleaning" thing simply deactivate this two temporary -> ccleaner -> options -> smart cleaning -> untick the 2 options in the free-version 1.) tell me when there are junk files to clean 2.) enable smart cleaning after your installation - you can activate this 2 options again -> if you want
  26. Il y a quelque temps, j'ai installé par erreur CCleaner Browser en même temps que CCleaner. Je l'ai immédiatement désinstallé. Mais je viens de constater que 3 processus CClearner Browser tournent en permanence en tâche de fond. Ils sont lancés à chaque démarrage. J'aimerais pouvoir les supprimer définitivement. Some time ago, I mistakenly installed CCleaner Browser at the same time as CCLeaner. I immediately uninstalled it. But I just realized that 3 CClearner browser processes run in the background. They are launched each time Windows is started. I would like to definitively delete them.
  27. I am having the same problem trying to recover deleted files on sd card. Recuva shows 354 files found during the scan but 0 files found at the end. Looking forward to some clues. Thanks Jimbozzz
  28. See here, it usually means you already have an instance of CCleaner already running https://forum.piriform.com/topic/5739-solution-when-ccleaner-wont-install-or-download-windows/
  1. Load more activity