CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Recuva works by copying data to another drive, creating new files. I know of no practical way of identifying the original dates of the files.
  3. Hi, I used Recovera to recover my data. But I clicked on "Date modified" by mistake, and now all dates of my files are changed do "01.01.2000". Do you now, how to restore original date of file?
  4. The key unlocks pro features not tied to the expiring license (multiuser, better smart clean etc). The license that expired from the beginning of ccleaner pro, which I and most of the other moderators were here for, was priority support and automatic updates. That's all that expired that is why they gave you the key. As far as the subscription expired pop-ups, this is due to a server which is being retired this weekend
  5. I bought the pro version sometime ago under the understanding as well and by doing so I would not be billed again for it, anyone who say this was never offered is just wrong. In the early days of the software it was not without it's problems and I would remove it to avoid such conflicts. Anyhow I have a friend who a couple of years later told me of the improvements to the software and I might give it another shot. I lost my original receipt for the product and had to write the company with the email address I used to purchase it, it had changed since but I told them what it was and they sent me my key to unlock the pro functions which it did and which proves what I say that it was free once paid for or they would not have done so after a couple of years not using it. Just the other day I have been getting pop ups telling me my product has expired and I need to repay to get the full functions to work once more. Not only is this wrong but beyond most misleading and the software can be seen as a possible security risk to use. If they want their customers to pay yearly by all means do so, but honor your agreements made prior and make notice when purchasing the product or face the consequences for not doing so!
  6. Please remove the winapp2.ini that enhancer uses and see if it keeps removing. Enhancer is not recognized on this forum except in the winapp2 thread (even then we request that it not be named, and I usually edit threads to say voldemort instead of enhancer).
  7. To see that pop up in EC you have to click on "Review junk". EC uses it's own rules and ignores anything that you have set in Custom Clean. So yes EC is ignoring your checked or unchecked box (es). If EC used your custom settings then it would be Custom Clean.
  8. Using CCleaner Pro 5.63.7540 First, I do not get the popup window you show under Easy Clean. I am using the Easy Clean but will change that. In the first picture showing the Custom Clean - Is the Easy Clean overriding my unchecked Custom Clean Empty Recycle Bin? Or- is there some Windows 10 setting somewhere? Appreciate any help.
  9. I have been using CCleaner for a very long time, but since MS Edge came out I have practically stopped because every time I run a clean it erases all my passwords. For sites I care about, I have protected the cookies associated with those sites so I should not lose those passwords. However, when I browse "Web Credential Manager" after running a clean all my stored entries are wiped. In CCleaner configuration have the following boxes unchecked: On the Windows tab: Under MS Edge: Cookies Saved form information Saved passwords Under Internet Explorer: Cookies Autocomplete form history Saved passwords Under Windows Explorer Network passwords Under the Applications tab: I also use CC Enhancer and have all the options checks for Windows except: MS Edge favorites backup MS Edge favorites icons Windows PowerShell Windows Shellbags I have a lot of other options unchecked for FF, Thunderbird, and Chrome and those seem to work properly - it is just Edge that seems to have a problem. What am I missing?
  10. Note that in Custom Clean you only need to untick the box there once and it is remembered for future Custom Cleans. If you are using Easy Clean/Health Check then you have to remember to untick the box there every time that you run a clean, it doesn't remember it.
  11. You can't completely remove Edge from Windows 10. (Articles that say you can are not telling you all the story, they are only talking about the Edge browser). You can disable or uninstall the Edge browser, - but core components of Edge are needed for other Windows 10 apps to work. Edge is built into the Operating System and is used by other apps/programmes not just the browser - if you could remove it completely then Win 10 (or parts of it) would stop working. This may change in the near future when the Edge browser becomes Chromium based as standard. (You can get trial/beta versions of Edge Chrome now if you want to). So even if you do remove the Edge browser other things are still using Edge components and so can leave stuff to be cleaned. Because Edge and IE are built into Windows 10 as standard then CCleaner will always show the catagories for them. If you don't want CCleaner to analyze/clean Edge then use the Custom Clean and simply untick all the boxes for Edge. If you don't use IE browser then you can untick those as well, but leave the 'Temporary internet files' other apps use those as well. (Note that Easy Clean/Health Check will still clean them no matter what you have ticked/unticked in Custom Clean).
  12. - There is another possibility to reduce the amount of space the SRPs occupy: The user can specify the % of disk space that is being used by System Restore. If e.g. 70% is considered to be too much then the user can reduce that % to say 60%, 50% or less. - Windows keeps track of the files that were moved on the HD or SSD by a program (Not only Defraggler !!!) and those files are then included/archived/...... in the next SRP. But since Defraggler can move A LOT OF system files those SRPs can occupy LOTS of diskspace.
  13. If it isn't it's worth turning off manually when using 3rd party defrag tools because it's been known for years they can trigger the creation of System Restore Points that hog the HDD space. It's just a matter of remembering to turn System Restore ("System Protection") back on if that's desired.
  14. I removed Microsoft Edge from my Windows 10 computer, yet CCleaner reports cleaning it every time I run it. How is that possible?
  15. Ok, just found 2 other threads about same problem and one also with BitDefender... I was able to install 5.63 using the Slim installer you can find at https://www.ccleaner.com/fr-fr/ccleaner/builds It seems other antiviruses block 5.63 as a precaution ... The bad stuff is there is no notification (same for user using Defender) Eric Collart
  16. Hello, don't know what's happening and if only my PC is concerned or not but I cannot install 5.63 free anymore on my Win 10 (1809) protected by BitDefender free ! There is no event reported by BitDefender free. Setup starts, ask to confirm admin right, then extract all installation files then the extraction progress popup disappears and nothing more happens ! Starting digging in event log files and found this pointing to BitDefender: Nom du journal :Application Source : Application Error Date : 15-11-19 12:47:21 ID de l’événement :1000 Catégorie de la tâche :(100) Niveau : Erreur Mots clés : Classique Utilisateur : N/A Ordinateur : Eric-PC Description : Nom de l’application défaillante ccsetup563.exe, version : 5.63.0.7540, horodatage : 0x5682fc79 Nom du module défaillant : atcuf32.dll, version : 1.28.222.0, horodatage : 0x5d874f64 Code d’exception : 0xc0000005 Décalage d’erreur : 0x00002d8e ID du processus défaillant : 0x319c Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d59baa6c9ac2f3 Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : F:\Eric\Downloads\ccsetup563.exe Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\atcuf\264334846398198787\atcuf32.dll ID de rapport : d068f6be-68c3-41ac-81b7-1a189fdcd08f Nom complet du package défaillant : ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : XML de l’événement : <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-15T11:47:21.473543700Z" /> <EventRecordID>34072</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Eric-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>ccsetup563.exe</Data> <Data>5.63.0.7540</Data> <Data>5682fc79</Data> <Data>atcuf32.dll</Data> <Data>1.28.222.0</Data> <Data>5d874f64</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>00002d8e</Data> <Data>319c</Data> <Data>01d59baa6c9ac2f3</Data> <Data>F:\Eric\Downloads\ccsetup563.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\atcuf\264334846398198787\atcuf32.dll</Data> <Data>d068f6be-68c3-41ac-81b7-1a189fdcd08f</Data> <Data> </Data> <Data> </Data> </EventData> </Event> Thanks for help Eric Collart (Belgium)
  17. Hi David, we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy. We are working on upgrading our renewal servers asap - these have to undergo careful testing to make sure they are up to the task and the process is ongoing. We have also taken immediate steps to ensure the error message does not display. Hope this information is helpful, but please let me know if you have further questions. Thank you 😊.
  18. I believe Win 10 disables System Restore by default.
  19. - The solution for the problem in the previous post is to tell GMail to accept "less secure" connections. - IMAP in OEC v3.0 has advanced to "Public Alpha version 18". And this version does work surprisingly well for a "Alpha" version, IMO.
  20. - Another thing: If the amount of free disk space goes under a certain level (1% ?? 0.5% ??) then Windows is smart enough to automatically free up space. And one of those things is that Windows removes is one or more System Restore Points. - You can use CCleaner as well to remove one or more SRPs.
  21. Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool updated to support new versions https://betanews.com/2019/11/14/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-updated-to-support-new-versions/
  22. Okay I managed to get Windows to Clean off all of those massive restore points Panic over Case closed Thanks to those who gave any advices & court adjourned
  23. Okay I tried Wiztree and fair enough I found these huge 'articles' (what use to Windows/system are they) obviously these are whats taking up like 120GB a and I know where they are but I cant get at them they have some sort of HSA attributes on them But theyre files/articles created during the defrag process I know because I saw the Pie chart overview representing HDD space get fatter by a chunk in the first minute of the full defrag they must have been created right then & there At the end of the day theres no getting rid of them to get my whopping 120Gigs back is there! ... At trium :- reinstall DeFraggler just to try that You must be joking! I am not letting DF cause any more problems on this machine - I am fkn. angry as hell about this
  24. No, the red dotted files have their data overwritten by another file, so they are not recoverable. (Actually they are, but you will be recovering the data from the overwriting file which presumably you don't want.)
  1. Load more activity