CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Winapp2.ini additions

Thanks, just to be safe: Shouldn't we rename and revise the newer entry [Mail and Calendar *] and remove the older entry [Windows Communications Apps *]? Or are all FileKeys of the older entry [Windows Communications Apps *] still valid for the latest App version for Windows 10?
  4. If only they cared. As you noted, they don't. Not at all. Personally, I would take the short-term productivity hit and drop anything Avast-related into the crapper. They have proved they are unworthy of customers, unworthy of our trust, and unworthy of growth. They destroyed CCleaner (and Piriform along with it) during their acquisition. The only reward Vince Steckler, Phil Marshall, Ondrej Vlcek, Robin Selden, Peter Turner and Gagan Singh deserve is serious hit to their financial statement - that's the only thing these mediocre "executives" care about. Customer service is NOT on their menu of responsibility; "they'll have their people look into it"... I've already voted with my feet and convinced my company to do the same. We moved to Immunet and dropped Avast. I've already cost them several thousand dollars at this point, and I'm hardly going to be doing them any favors in the future... and all for a $20 kick in my nuts... Color me SUPER happy at this point
  5. This website comment editor is funky, so I went ahead and posted the previous message before I ended up losing all of the content. Another mention and reinforcement to Avast: Rethink your business model and treatment of your paying customers! WE got you this far. Please don't go the way of so many businesses that look at the immediate bottom line only, and burn your long time devoted customers. Yep, you had (and still have) a good product, have swallowed up smaller companies like AVG and Piriform into the Avast collective - and showing your ever-increasing coldness along the way. Sigh. Others have cited their responses to that attitude - I may join them. I too have recommended (and sold) CCleaner SO many times. Today, I'm also (and was) and AVG CloudCare business reseller (now Avast of course), (unrelated to this forum account), and you have my attention as "Avast" in this thread. Am I big enough to take you down? Probably not even noticeable as your apparent business attitude seems to suggest. But I could leave a mark. At any time, I could cancel my numerous paying business customers (monthly, so the effect would be within 30 days), across the board. And the damage to your reputation along with it as a paid consultant reversing my stance and most definitely, loudly and with direct effect, advising AGAINST all Avast products. My good word has notably increased your sales, equally so should I decide to turn against you completely. Click-click in the admin portal, and immediately billing ceases, customers drop off immediately. And I'm well aware you simply do not care. That's the sad part. It just perplexes me why companies like yours adopt this attitude and business model, burning the very people who helped get you to where you are, supporting companies you've snatched up then disappointed their established user base. It would cost ME much time to adopt an alternative product, almost certainly hurting me more than you in the short term. I've come close to that decision many times as there are a lot of good products out there to compete with any of yours. MY company philosophy is whenever I feel compelled to go to such lengths, I set a loosely determined quota as a percentage of damage caused to me back to you that is significantly greater. In the long run, I will hurt you more than I am hurt - just like I've personally helped you more than you'll ever realize. Particularly in today's widespread word-of-mouth social media. And my very useful presence on a major thoroughfare traveled every single day by untallied thousands of vehicles. Meaning whenever I post a sign, it IS seen by thousands of people each day. Trust me, the combined salvo of all the things I can leverage WILL have an effect. Some of the companies I've targetted through the years for whatever reason have ranged in their response of course; some including senior management traveling from afar to hand me a check and personally apologize, imploring me to cease the onslaught, some companies folding completely, and yes some continue to care little if at all, they're still making their tidy profits. Seemingly you are of the last type. That's sad to see. I show on 12 currently following this thread (voluntarily). I doubt anyone of importance at your organization will happen to read this drivel. Oh well. I could, and might still, really get your attention but by then the mutual damage will have been done. In the meantime go on and ignore the issue, pay people to copy/paste canned responses, enjoy your growth and profits while they last, continue to market in your vague, confusing ways. Many, many countless companies, some so huge it was inconceivable they would ever fold - are completely gone. Wake up - there are paying customers and hungry competitors aplenty just waiting for that day, their chance . . . . I don't have that risk. That's the stinging bite from the "little dog" that too many neglect to watch out for until it's too late. A little bite . . . it gets infected . . . and ends up in some way different than the way it started. All the while, I'm the "little dog" that is completely insulated from such risks. The popular phrase is "the bigger they are the harder they fall".
  6. I see this old thread doesn't even go as far back as I do with Piriform and CCleaner. I've purchased many "copies", both download and retail box. I still have an opened box I've installed from, and one unopened one from circa pre-2012 I believe. And I've known about (and used) CCleaner well before that (back when it fit on a floppy disk). Of course, like most people, I did not save the published EULA from way back then. On the box(s), on the receipt I have from Jan 2013, nowhere is there any mention of a "subscription" - to any portion of the product. Updates, support, nothing, zip, nada. TODAY Piriform (now owned by Avast, purchased in July 2017 I believe) just keeps repeating it was ALWAYS an annual subscription, currently for "support and updates". I join the rest of you in believing there was NO expiration period of any kind. It's disgusting that every support rep I contact regarding this just keep incessantly repeating it has ALWAYS been an annual subscription, the "Pro" version will continue to work as it always has just without updates and support, and there NEVER was a lifetime/perpetual purchase option. NOTHING in print ANYWHERE regarding my original purchase, boxed or digital download affirms their claims. Nor does it state it's a "lifetime/perpetual" license. It was NEITHER. It's just generally, intentionally vague (they wrote all iterations of the EULA), and all of the receipts I have, digital or retail box, still definitely prove this today. Again, I have right here, in my hand, an unopened retail box. No subscription mentioned. At all. They are telling me TODAY that it doesn't exist and never did! With the box still factory sealed, there is no way to determine for certain what's inside - but as the purchaser, my case is ironclad - the ONLY information I can reasonably expect to learn is what I'm reading on the box. No subscription. Piriform / Avast, are you hearing us?! That's the crux of the matter - I guess we're quibbling about priority tech support for the price? I guess. On their own website TODAY, it's their "summer sale" (50% off), and the usual columns comparing versions. The "Free" version includes only "Standard Privacy Protection" and "Standard Cleaning". The "Professional" version has 7 additional items listed, Standard Privacy Protection Standard Cleaning Only the item "Updates apps to reduce security risks" has a mouse-over to explain further. Still keeping it vague obviously.
  7. Upgrade Option???

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I was already set up for automatic updates, just haven't looked at all the stuff that the Professional Version contains. CC Professional is awesome and I will highly recommend to my friends. I originally bought it to look for and delete duplicate pictures, but it does a lot more, thanks again! Some things I will leave alone, for example the registry and system files!
  8. You can install the new version over the old version without uninstalling first. The only real issue that we see is that if CCleaner is already running in the background then the install will fail until the background process has been stopped. That can happen when 'Smart Cleaning' is in use so that CCleaner is running in the background.
  9. Hi there, I just wanted to know if its better to uninstall the old version and then install the new version, or I can install the new version on top of the old version? I currently have CCleaner Free for Windows 10, version v5.58.7209 (06 Jun 2019) and want to install the new version which is: v5.59.7230 (25 Jun 2019) Thanks.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Winapp2.ini additions

Never mind my last (now deleted) comment I misread something
  12. Winapp2.ini additions

I think we should remove the [Mail and Calendar *] entry and just keep the [Windows Communications Apps *]. Some other Microsoft Store apps also use this, other than Mail and Calendar. Changed: DetectOS=6.2|6.3| to DetectOS=10.0| Added: %LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\LocalState\AppData\Local\Office\*\WebServiceCache\AllUsers\officeclient.microsoft.com|*.*|RECURSE [Windows Communications Apps *] DetectOS=10.0| LangSecRef=3031 Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe Default=False FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Comms\Unistore\data|AggregateCache.uca FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\LocalState\LiveComm\*\*\DBStore\LogFiles|edbtmp.log FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\LocalState\AppData\Local\Office\*\WebServiceCache\AllUsers\officeclient.microsoft.com|*.*|RECURSE FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory
  13. Winapp2.ini additions

Revised Entry Added: %CommonAppData%\Microsoft\MapData\mapscache|*.*|RECURSE %CommonAppData%\Microsoft\MapData|events.log [Maps *] DetectOS=10.0| LangSecRef=3031 Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_8wekyb3d8bbwe Default=False FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\MapData\mapscache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\MapData|events.log FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.* FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
  14. Upgrade Option???

Free upgrades while your licence is active. If you have automatic updates switched on it will update itself shortly: ... or the "check for updates" link in the bottom right hand corner of the console will update you as well - no need to go back to the website and go hunting for the download link, etc.
  15. Upgrade Option???

I recently subscribed to CCleaner Plus (less than a month ago) and now I see a new version has been released. Do I just upgrade to the new version with the same license credentials or do I have to repurchase the new version?
  16. Intrusive CCleaner pop-up.

The Pro version actually has an opt-out where you can disable "show offers for our other products". It's under the Options\Privacy tab. If I hadn't already owned it, I probably wouldn't have made the purchase with all the annoying pop-ups but since I already did own it, I went hunting for it. It works - no more pop-ups.
  17. CCleaner v5.59.7230

In this release, we’ve added some translations and fixed various bugs so we can deliver a smoother user experience. Easy Clean Fixed a bug that prevented Easy Clean from being shown correctly to a small percentage of users Software Updater Fixed a DPI display bug in the upgrade window Localization Inserted additional translations into the installer Download now! You can download CCleaner Free here. Fancy a few more features? Download the CCleaner Professional trial version here If you are already a CCleaner Professional user your installation will update automatically. Stay up to date! Sign up to receive the latest news, product updates and offers by email. View the full article
  18. CCleaner Browser

Hi boto, You can configure this by - Go to Browser Settings (secure://settings/) - Scroll to `New Session` (instead of Appearance) - Select "Open a specific page or set of pages" and "Add a new page" - Add site URL: https://www.google.com.mx If you have any questions about this please message us back
  19. Cant save recovered files

I have the same issue. Apparently, this has been a problem since at least 2010 ( https://forum.piriform.com/topic/27316-unable-to-choose-recover-drivefolder/ ). It's very frustrating to see the files there, but have no ability to recover them.
  20. In de dutch version of ccleaner the words uninstall and delete are both translated in verwijderen, which is rather confusing. My suggestion is to to translate uninstall with deïnstalleren or deinstalleren. Thanks!
  21. The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

It's not exactly a rising issue that needs addressing. It's a bit like making the entire planet take vitamin C tablets cos there are still some people that get scurvy. And those people in rural America have presumably coped perfectly well updating their browser for the last 20 years. Just doesn't add up to cynical old me
  22. The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

Obviously you've never been in rural america where even broadband speeds are as slow as a 1990s' modem
  23. The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

"the agent is aimed at users on slow connections" I'm not buying that. That's an almost non-existent issue in this day and age. My cynical side thinks this will be for more than one way traffic
  24. Last week
  25. John

Could anyone please help to configure exe programs in speccy so my programs will run in the implement service. Please help TY Speccy.txt
  26. USB Device Unrecongnized

That's because it's spam, H. He's the same user as the banned Bkdroid13. Do your duty.
  27. USB Device Unrecongnized

As you have just replied in a thread which has not had a post in it for 11 years (yes that's eleven years) I will lock this thread down. Please check date of last post in thread before posting !
  28. Thanks, but don't you need a reference number or email or something? Your cleverbridge reference number: 176695587
  29. The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

https://techdows.com/2019/06/mozilla-to-use-bits-and-a-background-update-agent-to-update-firefox-on-windows.html
  1. Load more activity
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• New starters

• recent activity

• Announcements

• TwistedMetal

Forum Rules

Welcome to the Piriform Forums!     In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of The Moderating Team.     1: Be respectful to all members when posting.   No flaming, personal attacks such as flaming, instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse or mocking of members in forum posts are not tolerated at the Piriform Forums. Such posts will be deleted on sight and moderated accordingly. If you are a long standing member, act like one.   Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. Members that reply to posts simply to instigate argument will be warned. Should you ignore this warning you will be banned.     2: No Warez (links) & Cracks.   Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting to get it.     3: Don't post your question under multiple topics.   Think before posting and choose the right forum for your question or answer. Be sure to check the pinned topics or use the Search feature to see if your question has already been addressed. When posting, have something to say, not just "My first post!"     4: No spamming, ever!   Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic.   Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member's post count. Resurrecting old forum posts is also not appreciated unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.     5: Unacceptable Forum or News comments.   While some members feel that post count is important, there are some posts that do not contribute to the community in any way whatsoever. Below is a list of unacceptable posts. If you wish to direct a fellow member to something that has already been posted, please do so in a courteous manner.   "Old news" or anything similar.   "(Insert product or brand) sucks" or anything similar.   "I posted this x days ago!!!" or anything similar.     6: Avatars, signatures and custom user titles.   I: Avatars are a luxury for the members to have. Avatars can be a maximum of 90x90 and 50kb in size. Avatars can also be in any of these formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.   II: Forum signatures are to be used respectfully, so do not annoy our members by making your signature into some sort of web ad. Signatures can be a maximum of 350x100 and 80kb in size.   III: You may have an image at the maximum of 350x100 in your signature at the standard text size and four lines of text with the image.   IV: You may have a maximum six lines of text in your signature at the standard size. Larger font sizes are allowed so long as they do not break the 350x100 limit.   V: X-Fire signatures are an exception to this rule as they only have two sizes that are preset.   VI: Advertising in your signature is strictly prohibited. Linking to a product that competes against Piriform is strictly prohibited.   VII: Custom user titles are not to be abused. Vulgarity, racism or flaming in member titles will not be tolerated.   VIII: Inappropriate content such as Pornographic, violent or otherwise offensive images, language etc. This may include racist remarks, slander etc...   IX: If the avatar/signature is overly distracting, ie. bright flashing colors, animated signatures (i.e. GIF's/Flash) Audio and Video. These are distracting for our members, so do not have audio or video in your signature.   X: Please do not include signature links of a malicious nature. Examples are those that crash your browser, trigger popup floods or emulate BSOD's.   XI: Do not use your signature to link to pages that contain objectionable material. This includes, warez, cracks, pornography, pyramid schemes, referral ID's, ebay listings and requesting personal donations.   Abusing these privileges will result in them being lost and your account being restricted. Disregarding the above rules will result in the loss of the item in violation without warning.     7: Posts in a particular forum need to stay on topic.   If you want to talk about something that is drastically removed from the topic of a forum, please take it to "The Lounge". The Lounge was set up and designed for members to discuss issues not related to a specific forum section. We welcome most general conversation in The Lounge, but discourage it from other forums.     8: Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.   Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of the Piriform Forum members.   Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about.   For example: Oh no! | I'm mad | Please help.   This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.   A few good examples:   CCleaner crashes during the analysis | Registry issues keep reappearing after scanning with CCleaner Issues | Computer very slow to startup.     9: No alternate accounts are allowed.   Should you be disciplined with a restriction or ban, you are not allowed to open a new account to obtain freedom to post. Restrictions and bans are given for a reason, and usurping that ability by re-registering is not tolerated.   If another account is opened, that account will be banned immediately, and the original account will be further penalized. Anyone who has warnings on their account are automatically excluded from changing their user name.     10: Giving advice on Malware Removal.   Giving advice on the removal of Malware by any member is to be discouraged. Even though some members may believe they have the knowledge to offer some basic safe advice, it may not be the "best" advice, and could also set a precedent for any member, knowledgeable or otherwise, to do the same.   Advice should only be dispensed by a qualified Malware Removal Expert on a reputable Malware Removal Forum.   This is to prevent "wrong" advice, albeit well meaning, being given by non qualified members, which could have disastrous consequences for the original poster.   If someone asks for help on removing Malware would members please limit themselves to pointing them to one or all of the following Malware Removal Forums ...   1: BleepingComputer   2: Geeks to Go   3: MalwareBytes Malware Removal   4: Malware Removal Forum   5: Cyber Tech Help   6: Avast Malware Removal Forum     11: Inappropriate Content.   No content, or advice or requests for assistance, relating to any activity that the moderators consider to be illegal or offensive will be tolerated.     12: The Piriform Staff requires that members respect the decision of moderators.   Threads and posts questioning the actions or decisions of forum moderations will be deleted on sight, and the appropriate action taken (up to and including forum bans) against the thread starter and/or participants.   Reporting System: Do not abuse the report system, while we appreciate members reporting bad behavior, we don't appreciate rude comments or your opinion on how 'quick' staff are at handling problems around here.   However, as a member you reserve the right to PM any Moderator or Administrator regarding action taken at the Piriform Forums.     13. Closed or removed an unacceptable post or topic:   Once an administrator or moderator has closed or removed an unacceptable post or topic it's then deemed to be a closed matter. If the member starts a new topic or posts with the same or similar unacceptable content it will result into administrative actions being taken against the member.   14. Publishing the content of Private Messages:   Please be aware that the posting of any contents of private messages (PM's) is expressly forbidden on the forum unless both parties have agreed to it.   15. Requesting help with computer issues via the pm (private messaging) system:   The pm (private messaging) system isn't to be used for requests for help with computer issues.   All requests for help must be posted in a topic on the forum where the poster will benefit from the knowledge and expertise of all members, and many others will benefit from the answers and solutions provided.   If any member (which includes moderators) wants to volunteer aid by pm after a topic has first been opened, then that's up to him or her and is perfectly acceptable.   Using the pm system as an alternative to opening a topic where everyone may benefit, isn't the correct or fair way to use that system, and could put members into the uncomfortable position of having to refuse requests for help, or worse still, being unable to refuse.   If any member is in that position, and still doesn't know what to do, then please pm one of the moderators, and they will sort it out quickly, confidentially, and in as friendly a way as possible.     Note:   Any infraction of these guidelines will result in a warning placed against your Piriform Forum account and will be added to your overall warning level.