All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Just tested Edge and the current version of Ccleaner (6.23) does indeed clean the cookies and afterwards , since only the extension placeholders are the only thing in there , the entry for cookies is not displayed.
  3. i saw where someone posted that that issue has been resolved with ccleaner build 6.23, so i went ahead and installed it, and i have not noticed its erroneously flagging browser-extensions as cookies, as build 6.22 did.
  4. Sorry for the confusion, it was bedtime when I posted that. I meant that the previously mentioned anomalous Edge/Google Chrome extension cookie leftovers seem to be resolved in CCleaner v6.23. I can confirm that other cookies are in fact still detected and cleaned normally. Even though many show a file size of 0 KB, so we still really can't be sure what's actually being cleaned, or what may be "empty containers". Maybe it would be a good idea to have the option to view results in bytes? First analysis: Google Chrome Cookies: Analysis AFTER Cleaning:
  5. Yesterday
  6. This needs clarification. Is anyone who has updated to the latest CCleaner v6.23 (rel. 17-Apr-2023) still seeing "leftovers" like the ones shown in nukecad's 14-Mar-2024 image <here> (e.g., with descriptors like "Cookie: extension://nkeimhogjdpnpccoofpliimaahmaaom") after they use CCleaner v6.23's Custom Clean to clean their Chrome and/or MS Edge browser cookies? Posting an image of what you observe would be helpful. Note that I'm still on CCleaner v6.21 and skipped the update to v6.22, in part because of this bug. --------- Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4291 * Firefox v125.0.1 * Microsoft Edge v123.0.2420.97 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24030.9-1.1.24030.4 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.12.323-1.0.2309 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * CCleaner Free Portable v6.21.10918
  7. Update: when I got home (and finished watching EastEnders(!), I switched on CCleaner. First couple of times it tried to save to my hard disk. Then the program ran and did a Health Check. When this finished it said I had 2 outdated apps (I am sure it was 4 earlier today). They both took a long time to update, but finally finished. They were Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous…. and Apple Mobile Device Support …. Unfortunately I didn’t note the previous ones. Tomorrow I will see what happens when I run the program. If it still wants to install on the hard disk, now it has updated, should I remove the program and download it again? Many thanks for your help nukecad. I think for all the years I have been running the program, I have never had any previous problems!
  8. Actually , it does show entries for cookies for Edge and Chrome if there are cookies in there. If all that's in there are the browser extension placeholders , they no longer show.
  9. Again, what/which apps is it finding to update? There was/is an update to MS Office that is apparently very slow to install. If it is that one then you could try updating through Office itself. (It will still take a while by all accounts).
  10. I came in about an hour ago. Firstly it took some time updating to v.6.23. (after several requests to update on my hard disk!). The resolving issues is working s-l-o-w-l-y! I need to go out again, so will have to cancel it and start again later/tomorrow.
  11. Just wanted to mention that CCleaner v6.23 no longer shows entries for the Edge/Google Chrome cookies before or after running Custom Clean.
  12. There is a new CCleaner version v6.23 just released a couple of hours ago, I'd update to that and try again. From the release notes: If you are still having issues after updating CCleaner then which apps is it saying that you have updates available for? (Click on where it says the updates are available, or go to Tools>software Updater to see what that lists).
  13. I haven't tried the 'Outdated Apps', but still get the messages about wanting to update my hard disk, and even though I click 'yes' nothing happens! Normally when it updates, it does it in the background and I get a message that the program has been updated. I will try it later. If I turn off notifications, might I miss something important, not only from CCleaner but other programs?
  14. Hi All, CCleaner v6.23 will be released later today. The release announcement was accidentally sent out by the marketing team to some email subscribers by mistake yesterday. Apologies for any problems this caused.
  15. The point of doing a drive wipe before passing the drive on to someone else is to remove all traces of your old/deleted files so that if a new owner runs recovery software it can't recover them. If you want to be sure that deleted files can't be recovered from D: then you wipe it. If you want to be entirely sure your files can't be recovered by someone then do what buisnesses do when getting rid of their old computers. Ie Take the drives out. Put new ones in, or give/sell it without any drives. If you want to be nice then you can put at least a new C: drive in there, and to be realy nice install Windows on it for the new owner. An older computer whit a HDD will greatly benefit from having a new SSD as the C: drive anyway, it's a recommended (almost essential) upgrade for any old computer. (If/when I've had an older laptop to fix/refurbish before donating it to a charity etc. one of the first thing I generally do is make sure the C: drive is an SSD, and if it isn't then change it to one).
  16. With CCleaner v6.23, we have made the new Cloud Drive Cleaner (Beta) available to all paid users. You can access it from the My... Read more View the full article
  17. Dunno, but new reports of software Updater not working properly have stopped being posted so the issue is probably resolved. Have you tried it again to see if it now updats your outdated apps for you? The Hard drive message is the Standard User Account Control message that you get whenever you install/update an app. In Win 7 you can adjust it or turn it off if you are logged in as an administrator. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/guided-help-adjust-user-account-control-settings-in-windows-7-and-windows-8-605f891d-42c5-2b93-4b4b-e4c5d4d35f60
  18. v6.22 is the current version and was released on 13th March. It is the version currently available to download from the 'Builds' page. However as new versions are generally released each month then v6.23 should be due any day. I'm guessing that someone has jumped the gun with those emails and sent them out a bit too early. (Either that or v6.23 has been held back for some reason).
  19. @ latimers - Interesting. I agree with your conclusion.
  20. This is an older (HDD) windows computer that I will be sharing with someone soon. I've deleted all my files and wiped the C: drive. Do I need to wipe the D: drive too (Could have any of my personal files on it)?
  21. I have CCleaner Professional and just got the email. When I click the link in the email it takes me to 6.22. When I click on "Check for Updates" in CCleaner itself it tells me it is up to date and it is version 6.22.10977. Looks like CCleaner tech support has a problem!
  22. Last week
  23. Hello again nukecad Is there any news about the fix for outdated apps, and also the message asking me to update my hard disk?
  24. Chuck, Read that people paying for CCleaner are getting version 6.23.
  25. Got your email encouraging me to update to the latest version, 6.23. Clicked on the link. Completed the upgrade process. BUT, it "upgraded" me to 6.22.10977, not 6.23. Is there an incorrect link in the email you sent? Thank you.
  26. Err, simply don't run the driver updater. But I guess that you mean the little red circle with a number, no you can't turn it off so just ignore it. I ignore it and I have Pro, but I don't want any of my drivers updating unless I choose to update them myself.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.