CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. trium

musik videos

another nice song from the good old gdr karat -> gewitterregen (1979) but the video is ofcourse a little bit newer
  3. Today
  4. That is great. It cleaned up over 500MB of stuff I did not know existed. Now I have a task scheduler job to autoclean.
  5. Perhaps have a look at the community winapp2.ini cleaning file, it has allot of pre-made cleaners by other CCleaner users, and many if not most of the cleaners are tested and will be safer than just poking around and accidentally breaking Windows.
  6. While I am on this topic, can you recommend any other custom folders or files that I can add? Either in C:\windows\ or C:\users\hussam. Thank you in advance.
  7. Perhaps switch to using the Portable zipped version instead, there's no installer to hang, it's available at: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds Tip: You can even unzip the Portable zipped version over an already installed version to fully update it!
  8. Is it the same bunch that think an all white GUI with no design thought whatsoever is acceptable? Although I did think the MB gui looked OK, not as bad as some things I've seen in the last year on Win10. Edit: Ah, the robot. Looks like a Transformer using Captain America's shield.
  9. Could also move particular files such as; Documents, Music, Videos if they're of any significant size onto an external/portable hard disk or SSD to free up space on drive C:\, and also uninstall software that is non-system critical and is no longer being used. 1.2% amount of free space doesn't give Windows much breathing room at all and most defrag tools requires at the bare minimum 10% free space, while other defrag tools may require at least 20% free space - many won't work correctly with only 1.2% free space available.
  10. Very nice. Thank you very much, trium.
  11. hello hussam, if you want this so - yes ccleaner -> options -> include --> add -> "drive or folder" -> c:\windows\logs\cbs --> "file types" -> choose "all files" or "file types" -> if "file types" = "*.cab" --> options -> "include files only" -because i have no sub-folder found in the c:\windows\logs\cbs ok and in cleaner -> windows -> advanced -> tick "custom files and folders" done
  12. Can ccleaner, the free version, be set to purge .cab CBS persist logs in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS? It only clears .log files. Thank you.
  13. Revised Entry Added: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\ServiceWorkerFiles|*.*|RECURSE Removed: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\INetHistory\History.*\*|*.*|REMOVESELF Replaced some of the |REMOVESELF with |RECURSE [Office *] DetectOS=10.0| LangSecRef=3031 Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe Default=False FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.Log|RECURSE FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\*|*.*|RECURSE FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\ServiceWorkerFiles|*.*|RECURSE FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\LocalState\AppData\Local\Office\16.0\WebServiceCache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\*\|www.office[1].xml
  14. Interestingly I had a similar issue. It was odd. I let the program run over night. It went from 8 hours remaining last night, to 4 days remaining this morning. I was moving my laptop (and external drive connected) upstairs to continue... After putting the laptop down I moved the external drive off of the keyboard - ad all of a sudden the progress bar started moving and then everything was complete and it said it found a whole bunch of files. Showed a lot of files as recoverable, but after doing so (these are images) they cannot be opened. Im assuming that this is probably related to that scenario where 0000s are in the header. I have not done anything to validate this yet.
  15. Version "ccsetup561" changed a lot of the icons on my PCs home page after installing it. I'm not happy with this at all. How do I get back all the icons prior to running this version? Below is the ICON that CCleaner version ccsetup561 replaced my Icons with.
  16. Was just wondering when we would be using a different version of speccy as the exciting new latest version will be 12 months old on my computer in december
  17. This is still happening with the latest installer.
  18. The robot has been a bone of contention with some since they started using it on the advertising/download webpage a while back. Along with their use of wording like 'Awesome' and other teenage type wording. You should see the Android version, when you launch it it looks more like a game than a serious security application. I guess it's just the new generation of young programmers coming through.
  19. yeah, they're getting quiet a bit of flak about it as well on their forum.
  20. Surprised at the cartoonish looking robot on the GUI, after all security is supposed to be a serious business.
  21. Asked because I didn't know how to Uninstall programs. Eventually found an option in Control Panel to uninstall programs.
  22. the drive in question is only 28GB, so if it's the system drive, the big swings between 4% free and 40% free could easily be because of restore points, pagefile, hibernation file, swapfile, temp files, and the like. you could either allocate C:\ more space or relocate system files to another drive.
  23. I've had MBAM real-time protection since it went v3, no issues on any of my many home PC's except for the bug sometime last year that effected Excel but that was easily 'turned off' until they fixed it. hadn't heard about the new v4, will give it a spin now.
  24. You should just be able to uninstall it as any normal application
  25. Yesterday
  26. turn off multipass deletion, not only is 35 overkill but any number of passes above one secure has been proven to do nothing that makes the file more obscured. This will also greatly speed up your clean (see I got to the point of your post eventually)
  27. I did not know that CBrowser would be downloaded/installed with the last upgrade of CCleaner, and want to uninstall it. How can I do this without affecting other programs?
  1. Load more activity