CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. TASK BAR

Do you mean ''downloading it'' or ''using it'' ? If it was as you were downloading it from the internet, where did you download it from? Can you give more info such as what operating system you have, and if it was when you ran CCleaner did you do a registry clean as well?
  3. End of Ccleaner support

Avast acquired CCleaner in July 2017 so it's not a recent thing.
  4. Winapp2.ini additions

The proper way to name programs/apps entries should be as they show in the Start Menu. I suggest changing [Microsoft Photos *] to [Photos *] and [My Office *] to [Office *].
  5. End of Ccleaner support

Your decision to partner with Avast! ends our support and recommendation of your software. Avast! is the WORST anti-virus company in the world because they sell a bloated package (like Norton and McAfee) that is absurdly overpriced and utterly underpowered. Avast! misses more viruses than it catches. As a tech, I can promise any user of Avast! that they will get infected with a virus within a month of use and, though I cannot prove it, I believe it comes direct from Avast! themselves because we all know that all anti-vrus companies have a group of programmers in the basement designing nuisance viruses to "keep the threat alive" which keeps sales up. That you would choose to partner with such a company tells me that you don't care about the consumer in any way. I cannot in good conscience to my customers recommend a company with such an attitude.
  6. CCleaner V1.16.573 seems to be endlessly generating crash logs in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports after you run it once on the Mac. This only stops after a reboot. com.piriform.ccleaner.CCleanerAgent_2019-06-26-173323_Rix-MBP-15.crash
  7. Yesterday
  8. If you never configure CCleaner and just use only the "factory" defaults it's alright to do clean installs, i.e.; remove the old, then install the new. However if you've changed settings, configured what to clean and what not to clean, configured what cookies to keep, etc., then it makes perfect sense to just install over an older version so that your settings remain intact.
  9. Norton may need more of its users to install it for the reputation, etc. But it is weird that it would warn about the digital signature.
  10. Upgrade Option???

I hope you never need it, but just in case if you ever overdo it with the photo deletion, the CCleaner Profession Plus bundle also includes a paid licence for the Recuva file recovery software.
  11. Installation

Please start a new thread as it well could be a wholly different issue from the OP
  12. Installation

@Dean Anderson I just checked your details. Your CCleaner Professional Plus licence key is valid and works - I just tried it myself personally and it activated perfectly. Note that this licence is for PCs (not Macs). You can enter it in here. You'll need to put in your name (case sensitive and not email address) and usually safest to copy-paste your licence key - common issue is manually transcribing the letter "Z" as the number "2", the number "1" as the letter "I", etc.
  13. While it is a big ad, there's a big button labeled download free version
  14. TASK BAR

How come my task bar turned from black to white when downloading the latest free version of ccleaner?
  15. Installation

I've repeated this process several times. The simple fact is that the key Piriform has repeatedly sent me is invalid, and there seems to be nothing I can do about. I need to reach a customer service person. Their automated systems can't seem to help me. Thanks, Dean Anderson [phone number deleted]
  16. Just tried download update to 559 via normal CCleaner link and it times out at https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/?utm_source=ccleaner&utm_medium=revenue&utm_campaign=ccleaner_filehippo. Looks like a big ad. Went to https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds and it worked.
  17. Just tried download via normal CCleaner link and times out at https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/?utm_source=ccleaner&utm_medium=revenue&utm_campaign=ccleaner_filehippo.
  18. I use Defraggler 2.22.995 64 bits on Windows 10 version 1903 and it shows my external HDD as being SSD.
  19. CCleaner Browser

Gracias; ya lo resolví
  20. your lic reg site

Could you clarify what you are trying to do? Are you trying to recover a lost licence key, or to enter your licence key into the product after downloading it?
  21. your lic reg site

your reg site will not accept lic key reg number?
  22. Well thanks for that detailed explanation. It certainly explains why the confusion came about and does sound quite fair in theory. However, whatever the intention I don't believe things have gone exactly to plan: Although Piriform has maybe never advertised the paid CCleaner Professional product as being a "lifetime licence" it has certainly been presented it in such a way at least at times, that anyone considering purchasing the product would be unaware of a potential subscription requirement and make the reasonable presumption that it was indeed a "version based" product. I posted pictures of my box in page 2 of this thread and someone else posted a few days ago that they also have the original retail box showing no mention at all of a subscription. I've got no problem with something having a period of usable life defined by version. I have a couple of programs on my PC at the moment that I have been buying updated versions of since the 1990's. That is what I thought I was paying for when I purchased CCleaner pro. What has happened though, is the goalposts have been moved. I see you are in the UK. In which case you shoulf be familiar with the Sale of goods act and other consumer protection legislation, most of which are in common with the whole of EU. To sell something that has no mention of a limited licence at point of sale and then try to introduce one at a later date is absolutely a blatant case of misleading advertising, which could lead to a court fine, and if the EU courts got involved, a very heavy one. You say that people are entitled to use earlier versions related to when they made the purchase but unless they have the original installation media, there is no way to do that once they have upgraded to newer versions as the latest version is the only one available for download from the website. Even worse: This is already incorrect information. You kindly tested my registration key for me on the 15th of this month and confirmed it was a genuine key and that it was possible to register version 5.58.7209. So I tested it myself on my back up PC and installed first the trial version of Pro and then the Free version and found the key was able to register both of them. I did notice at the time that the automatic update feature had been re-enabled so I'm not sure how I came by that version as I have always been doing manual updates but I thought that was a bonus. I found this week though that the automatic update feature was effectively a trojan horse as when I woke my PC from sleep on Monday morning (June 24) I got a pop up window on my desktop announcing that my licence for CCleaner had expired and that automatic cleaning was no longer available unless I renewed it. I can't remember what else it said but it appears you do now lose certain features you have been able to use even if the licence was shown as expired. There was certainly no advance warning this was going to happen. I didn't open the actual CCleaner program. Instead, I closed the pop up and used System Restore to go back to the previous day when I had V5.58.7209 meaning the automatic cleaning and all other features were still working. Then, I opened the program itself and got a message saying there was a new version available and asking if I wanted to download it. I declined, and instead deactivated automatic updates and just to be sure blocked CCleaner update in the Windows Firewall. Up to now, everything appears to be working as it was although I get a prompt urging me to upgrade to version 5.59.7230 if I open the program. Since that is the version that seems to disable the Pro features I decline. In fact, I very rarely open the program itself normally as the automatic cleaning feature is the only one I need on the whole. I'll just leave things as they are for now. Interestingly, as I mentioned previously, I had tried my key on my backup machine the same day you did eleven days ago and it worked. Unfortunately, I left it with the free version installed. I took a look earlier today and decided to try the key to see what would happen expecting it to be declined. Instead, as you can probably see your end, it was accepted so that one is also registered now as a working Pro version 5.58.7209. Of course, I get the prompt to upgrade to V5.59.7230 but I declined and deactivated automatic updates. I would have disabled Firewall access to CCleaner update too but it wasn't even listed so it must have been requested by the updated version before I reverted on my main machine. I'm interested to see if other people are having the same experiences now.
  23. Installation

If you are a paid user then, depending on how you updated, your licence information should have been copied across automatically. You can check here:
  24. CCleaner Pro Lifetime Licence - why has it expired?

This topic seems to have conflated the two separate matters of licence key validity and expiry. I was addressing the key validity matter for folks who were saying that their keys weren't accepted by the product. Aside from entry errors (and occasional bugs), a validly issued home user key that hasn't been cancelled for egregious licence infringement will be accepted by the product. If it has expired, then your licence information box will tell you that it has expired, but you can still enter it into the product. Back to the topic of the semi-mythical "lifetime licence". CCleaner has never advertised the paid CCleaner Professional product as being a "lifetime licence" and has never issued perpetual serial keys with no end date for home users. Every serial key ever issued was generated with an expiry date - usually 12 months from the date of creation, as the licensing system was built many years ago with only direct online sales in mind. Naturally that wasn't going to work to well physical distribution, so to work around the fact that retail boxes can sit in a warehouse or on a shelf for a while, when serial keys were issued for retail manufacturing in 2013-2015 these were created with a longer period - usually 18 or 24 months from the date of creation. Extra time if you picked one up hot off the presses, but less so if you picked up old stock. There are two ways to buy software: By version, where you can keep using the version that you purchased for as long as you want but you then need to pay again if you want to update to a new version for new features. This will often come with a period of customer support and, to avoid frustration on the part of customers who have purchased just before a new version is released, often an "assurance period" where you can update for free to the latest version for a limited period of time. By subscription, where you can only use the software while the subscription is active, but ongoing customer support and all updates are included as part of the package. If you bought CCleaner Professional between 2012 and 2017 then that was under the first model - by version. So if you bought CCleaner v4.04 back in July of 2013, for example, then you were entitled to keep using that version for as long as you wanted and also to get 12 months of priority support and 12 months of free updates - up until the July 2014 release of version 4.16; if you bought CCleaner v5.17 in April 2016 then you were entitled to updates up to the April 2017 release of version 5.29; etc (see https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/version-history for a list of versions and dates going back to mid-2008). But as you would have noticed, we've been letting customers update well past the end of their version entitlement. A bit of background on that ... Prior to 2011, CCleaner was donation-ware - for home users there was only a free version available, which was updated on a regular basis. From 2005 if you donated more than $20 you got a warm feeling of funding the continuing development of CCleaner, and as a bonus you also got the new releases before everyone else. In 2011 CCleaner introduced more formal paid licences for home users - while the software itself was still the same as the free product, for $24.95 you'd get a year of premium priority customer support. If you didn't renew your subscription, then the premium priority support would end after a year. The subscription was later expanded to add additional value with the inclusion of a year of automatic software updates, and later in 2013 additional "Pro" features for paid users started to be added. But this created a bit of an awkward situation - the addition of those Pro features added extra value for the paying customers, but also made things a little untidy if a customer didn't renew. While a free user could update to the latest free version at any time from the website, a paid user who didn't renew was no longer eligible for updates and was stuck on their current version if they wanted to continue to use the Pro features - the only way that they could update to the latest version was if they reverted to the free software. On one hand, we wanted everyone to get the latest and greatest version, but on the other hand we figured that users who had bought the Professional version for the additional features wouldn't want to relinquish them. Mixing the two models by selling version-based software, but with a subscription layer on top had created an holy mess - so CCleaner basically ignored the fact that a subscription had expired, and allowed those expired users to continue to update (reserving the right to enforce free upgrade limits at some point in the future) assuming that we'd eventually figure a way to sort it all out in an equitable fashion and that in the meantime no-one would be likely to complain about getting more updates than they'd technically paid for. To give us a cleaner path forward, in 2018 CCleaner started selling CCleaner Professional under a subscription model - which unifies all of the entitlements into a much tidier package. For customers who bought by version prior to that and have not transferred to the subscription model, your product still works, but the 12 months of support and free updates have most certainly expired. As at the time of writing, for expired home users who bought by version: You can still contact Piriform customer support - although you will no longer be in the priority handling queue Automatic updates may still function - but may cease at any time Manual updates and reinstalls to the latest release will still work - however at some point in the not-too-distant future we will probably be announcing a "sunset" release for version-based customers which will be the latest release that users who have elected to remain on the "by version" model will be able to update to, with additional updates past that point requiring a switch to subscription licensing. All things considered, requiring a "last officially entitled version" rollback for version-licensed customers who have been updating past their free update entitlement expiry date is highly unlikely. Most likely outcome is that entitlement (at least for manual updates) will be grandfathered up to any "sunset release". In a similar manner, the availability of the various "Pro" features within the product released after your expiry date will also be grandfathered up to a certain point - at least for those features released prior to the commencement of the subscription model. TBD for Pro features released in 2019 and beyond (such as Software Updater). No - nothing that you bought is being taken away. Yes, your product will say that the 12 month subscription component has expired - because it has. Yes, if you are a home user you can continue to use the product - subject to the limitations mentioned above.
  25. I guess no one really cares - same bug reported in last two previous version: CCleaner 5.59.7230 Easy Clean Crashes when used with Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium when you click on Details after running Analyze on older dual core Presario F572US Notebook. Everything else works fine in CCleaner...it always has. Selected Custom Clean in Preferences so that I can live with it. Does the same thing an a Dell Latitude D600 Notebook running XP Pro 32-bit with Service Pack 3. Piriform may want to consider stop advertising that CCleaner works with Windows Vista and Windows XP if they are not going to fix the bug or acknowledge it even exists. Wanted to report the bug for what it is worth.
  26. Installation

Just installed the update. Did not ask for my name or license #. Is this ok?
  27. Yes. They they checked the file and released the update database
  1. Load more activity
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• New starters

• recent activity

• Announcements

• TwistedMetal

Forum Rules

Welcome to the Piriform Forums!     In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules for the forums. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of The Moderating Team.     1: Be respectful to all members when posting.   No flaming, personal attacks such as flaming, instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse or mocking of members in forum posts are not tolerated at the Piriform Forums. Such posts will be deleted on sight and moderated accordingly. If you are a long standing member, act like one.   Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. Members that reply to posts simply to instigate argument will be warned. Should you ignore this warning you will be banned.     2: No Warez (links) & Cracks.   Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting to get it.     3: Don't post your question under multiple topics.   Think before posting and choose the right forum for your question or answer. Be sure to check the pinned topics or use the Search feature to see if your question has already been addressed. When posting, have something to say, not just "My first post!"     4: No spamming, ever!   Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic.   Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member's post count. Resurrecting old forum posts is also not appreciated unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.     5: Unacceptable Forum or News comments.   While some members feel that post count is important, there are some posts that do not contribute to the community in any way whatsoever. Below is a list of unacceptable posts. If you wish to direct a fellow member to something that has already been posted, please do so in a courteous manner.   "Old news" or anything similar.   "(Insert product or brand) sucks" or anything similar.   "I posted this x days ago!!!" or anything similar.     6: Avatars, signatures and custom user titles.   I: Avatars are a luxury for the members to have. Avatars can be a maximum of 90x90 and 50kb in size. Avatars can also be in any of these formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.   II: Forum signatures are to be used respectfully, so do not annoy our members by making your signature into some sort of web ad. Signatures can be a maximum of 350x100 and 80kb in size.   III: You may have an image at the maximum of 350x100 in your signature at the standard text size and four lines of text with the image.   IV: You may have a maximum six lines of text in your signature at the standard size. Larger font sizes are allowed so long as they do not break the 350x100 limit.   V: X-Fire signatures are an exception to this rule as they only have two sizes that are preset.   VI: Advertising in your signature is strictly prohibited. Linking to a product that competes against Piriform is strictly prohibited.   VII: Custom user titles are not to be abused. Vulgarity, racism or flaming in member titles will not be tolerated.   VIII: Inappropriate content such as Pornographic, violent or otherwise offensive images, language etc. This may include racist remarks, slander etc...   IX: If the avatar/signature is overly distracting, ie. bright flashing colors, animated signatures (i.e. GIF's/Flash) Audio and Video. These are distracting for our members, so do not have audio or video in your signature.   X: Please do not include signature links of a malicious nature. Examples are those that crash your browser, trigger popup floods or emulate BSOD's.   XI: Do not use your signature to link to pages that contain objectionable material. This includes, warez, cracks, pornography, pyramid schemes, referral ID's, ebay listings and requesting personal donations.   Abusing these privileges will result in them being lost and your account being restricted. Disregarding the above rules will result in the loss of the item in violation without warning.     7: Posts in a particular forum need to stay on topic.   If you want to talk about something that is drastically removed from the topic of a forum, please take it to "The Lounge". The Lounge was set up and designed for members to discuss issues not related to a specific forum section. We welcome most general conversation in The Lounge, but discourage it from other forums.     8: Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.   Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of the Piriform Forum members.   Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about.   For example: Oh no! | I'm mad | Please help.   This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.   A few good examples:   CCleaner crashes during the analysis | Registry issues keep reappearing after scanning with CCleaner Issues | Computer very slow to startup.     9: No alternate accounts are allowed.   Should you be disciplined with a restriction or ban, you are not allowed to open a new account to obtain freedom to post. Restrictions and bans are given for a reason, and usurping that ability by re-registering is not tolerated.   If another account is opened, that account will be banned immediately, and the original account will be further penalized. Anyone who has warnings on their account are automatically excluded from changing their user name.     10: Giving advice on Malware Removal.   Giving advice on the removal of Malware by any member is to be discouraged. Even though some members may believe they have the knowledge to offer some basic safe advice, it may not be the "best" advice, and could also set a precedent for any member, knowledgeable or otherwise, to do the same.   Advice should only be dispensed by a qualified Malware Removal Expert on a reputable Malware Removal Forum.   This is to prevent "wrong" advice, albeit well meaning, being given by non qualified members, which could have disastrous consequences for the original poster.   If someone asks for help on removing Malware would members please limit themselves to pointing them to one or all of the following Malware Removal Forums ...   1: BleepingComputer   2: Geeks to Go   3: MalwareBytes Malware Removal   4: Malware Removal Forum   5: Cyber Tech Help   6: Avast Malware Removal Forum     11: Inappropriate Content.   No content, or advice or requests for assistance, relating to any activity that the moderators consider to be illegal or offensive will be tolerated.     12: The Piriform Staff requires that members respect the decision of moderators.   Threads and posts questioning the actions or decisions of forum moderations will be deleted on sight, and the appropriate action taken (up to and including forum bans) against the thread starter and/or participants.   Reporting System: Do not abuse the report system, while we appreciate members reporting bad behavior, we don't appreciate rude comments or your opinion on how 'quick' staff are at handling problems around here.   However, as a member you reserve the right to PM any Moderator or Administrator regarding action taken at the Piriform Forums.     13. Closed or removed an unacceptable post or topic:   Once an administrator or moderator has closed or removed an unacceptable post or topic it's then deemed to be a closed matter. If the member starts a new topic or posts with the same or similar unacceptable content it will result into administrative actions being taken against the member.   14. Publishing the content of Private Messages:   Please be aware that the posting of any contents of private messages (PM's) is expressly forbidden on the forum unless both parties have agreed to it.   15. Requesting help with computer issues via the pm (private messaging) system:   The pm (private messaging) system isn't to be used for requests for help with computer issues.   All requests for help must be posted in a topic on the forum where the poster will benefit from the knowledge and expertise of all members, and many others will benefit from the answers and solutions provided.   If any member (which includes moderators) wants to volunteer aid by pm after a topic has first been opened, then that's up to him or her and is perfectly acceptable.   Using the pm system as an alternative to opening a topic where everyone may benefit, isn't the correct or fair way to use that system, and could put members into the uncomfortable position of having to refuse requests for help, or worse still, being unable to refuse.   If any member is in that position, and still doesn't know what to do, then please pm one of the moderators, and they will sort it out quickly, confidentially, and in as friendly a way as possible.     Note:   Any infraction of these guidelines will result in a warning placed against your Piriform Forum account and will be added to your overall warning level.