CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. One thing to try, just in case IE has any possible corruption is to open IE and used the cleaning tools built into it to clean everything. Then restart the computer, and give CCleaner a try again and see if it's any faster. Might work, might not, but worth a try.
  3. While Piriform products are still compatible with good ole charished XP SP3, that might not necessarily be the same for the NSIS installer/uninstaller they use. With the way CCleaner installs which is minimal by my books by not creating a bunch of stuff all over the system in files and registry settings I'd be rather confident in the abilities of both Geek Uninstaller Free and especially Revo Uninstaller Free removing it after a reboot in case Smart Cleaning ("used to be called Monitoring") is enabled in CCleaner -- even though the default built-in NSIS uninstaller is failing. I thought not too long ago someone else reported a failure of it uninstalling, can't seem to find that topic. Maybe the uninstall failure has something to do with Smart Cleaning if it's enabled on the system, since it causes so many failures to merely update/upgrade CCleaner with it running resident in the background.
  4. Today
  5. What operating system are you using? Where did you download Recuva from? Have you tried using the portable build from here https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/builds What security software are you using?
  6. Have you tried running CCleaner uninstaller with Bullguard turned off?
  7. If you can't find the serial key that you purchased then please contact CCleaner/Piriform support. Don't try to bootleg a key instead. It probably won't end well.
  8. Yesterday
  9. i am facing also problem while activating my recuva. [Link to illegal piracy site deleted]
  10. Turn off smart cleaning which is what monitoring was renamed.
  11. That looks like a website that you access gmail from (possibly gmail.com). That's not really software related and was probably a beta feature google was trying. Can you confirm/dispute that you're talking about the website
  12. I recall going through the registry procedure described in this post a few months ago when the error message in ccleaner appeared. The procedure worked. Since then, windows 10 has updated a few times. I currently have 10.0.18362 build 18362. Now, all of a sudden the error message in ccleaner has returned. Relative to what the other posters here are saying about the registry, the Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge " doesn't exist (or no longer?? exists). Thus, you can't "navigate" to this key per the instructions @ https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/troubleshooting/how-to-disable-pre-launching-and-pre-loading-so-ccleaner-can-fully-clean-edge. Can/should you create a whole key in the Registry and add the DWord and value to the new key?
  13. Do not know if this has been posted. Just started having problem with ccleaner not closing, and remaining in systray after closing. Have do a hard click Exit, to get it to close. Why does ccleaner stick around, like active monitoring etc. afraid to say free advertising? is there a new setting i missed to close after opening? Disable active monitoring has disappeared. Have to stop it from running at startup with paid uninstaller, just like I have to do with windows defender. is money that tight?
  14. My input was Powerpoint. How do I make it into 'picture files'? Here's a PDF version, in case that works. Gmail-Tracker-Output.pdf
  15. I've removed a possibly dangerous attachment from the post above, please describe it if it is necessary or reupload as picture files.
  16. I somehow acquired a tracking mechanism on my Gmail which had 2 send buttons (blue icons) - one send & track, the other send & don't track at bottom left of the screen.. There was also an outline icon representing an envelope at top right of the screen. Clicking on the latter at any time gave a list of sent & tracked emails with white backgrounds for 'unopened' and green for 'opened. with details around this. About a week ago, this facility disappeared as fast as it appeared and as I was used to it to track emails, I was upset! I have searched about 20 other trackers but none look like the one I lost. They track every email and I don't want that. I (hopefully) attach my memory of what the send screen looked like plus an extract of the list of opened/unopened accessed via the envelope icon. Can anyone identify it? I have a feeling it was an extension which was removed - name something like Inmail or Inbox Gmail or similar.
  17. What security software do you have installed?
  18. Yes, I have. It's giving me the same error. XP SP 3. So... quite ancient, I realize that. But this is the first time I'm having trouble uninstalling CCleaner (I've been using it for years on many operating systems) - and as far as I know, Piriform still makes sure their products are fully compatible with XP.
  19. I don't have any software installed being utilized for cache, cookies, etc. I don't have Win10, but what you say sounds like what the problem could be...only updating for Win10, and not for all Win. I'm not the only person who uses Win7pro, so this must be a problem for many people. Most people don't complain (for many reasons). I don't want those cookies from IE collecting info. for a week before I take the 5 min. to delete them...defeats the porpoise of having CCleaner, no? Hopefully CCleaner will fix this. Thank You for all your input, people! If you find out anything else, please let me know, because this is unlivable.
  20. Might help to mention what operating system you're using, and if you have administrator privileges on the account you're using - that's about all else I can think about at the moment.
  21. It would be nice for users to have an official source for old versions right on the official website CCleaner.com. Allot of software makers still offer at the very least the last version that worked with a particular old/legacy OS -- which is always infinitely safer to get from the official website.
  22. I'm using the free version of CCleaner. 5.61.7392 on Win10. When I use the Duplicate Finder on my pictures, the time listed on all the duplicates is not the same as the time that is shown when I display the actual file properties. Times on CCleaner are 4 hours later than what the properties shows. That makes some sense in that I am in eastern U.S. time zone currently in Daylight savings time (-4 hours from GMT), however, knowing the files, I'm sure the properties time is accurate. Can time options in CCleaner be adjusted to display correct time shown in file properties?
  23. Have you tried using CCleaner itself to uninstall CCleaner (under Tools > Uninstall in the CCleaner console)?
  24. I've let the team know that there seems to be something wrong with the link. If you can, are you able to post a screenshot of the message and/or the URL of the page that it attempts to take you to? In the meantime, this is the current sale - a special offer on 2 years of the CCleaner Professional Plus Bundle, which covers 3 PCs and also includes the Pro versions of Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/cashback
  25. Hello, Thank you for your reply, Andavari. No luck with the task manager. I was familiar with Revo. Unfortunately, neither Geek nor Revo uninstallers managed to fix the error. They do find some remaining files (I doubt they find all of them, though) and they do appear to remove them, but once I download CCleaner from its site again, install it and try to run the uninstaller, I'm getting the same NSIS error. Should I go back to some older versions of CCleaner? Or that won't solve anything? I'm lost here. Don't recall having such trouble with uninstalling CCleaner ever before.
  26. Filehippo is being used as our archive of all older versions for anyone who wanted them - particularly for users on pre-XP Windows operating systems which are incompatible with the later versions. Looks like there are a few glitches with the FileHippo site at the moment, and we have let them know that it needs fixing. If they can't manage to sort this out then we may just switch to serving up our own. In the meantime you should be able to pull out old versions as @Andavari says by editing the download URL - eg: https://download.ccleaner.com/ccsetup554.exe and changing the digits to your version of choice. Although, as @nukecad also pointed out (and as I assumed was the issue at hand on first reading) with automatic updates switched on you will find yourself back on the latest version again in pretty short order.
  27. See this for an explanation of why you will always see these files in CCleaner: https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043
  1. Load more activity