All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nergal

Recuva Portable

The installer will obviously install. What I'm saying is put the portable.dat in the same folder as recuva.exe to make it fully portable
  3. Today
  4. same problem here: wrong number of RAM slots reported I have a AMD FM2-A55M-P33 motherboard I had 2 x 4 GB RAM modules = 8 GB Ram Speccy (wrongly !) reports that this motherboard has 4memory slots, of which 2 were used and 2 were free, I ordered two more 4 GB DDR3 memory modules in order to double my RAM to 16GB now I am stuck with 2 useless 4 GB Ram modules as there are only 2 slots, not 4 RAM Memory slots Total memory slots 4 Used memory slots 2 Free memory slots 2 Memory Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes Channels # Dual DRAM Frequency 798.4 MHz CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 11 clocks RAS# Precharge (tRP) 11 clocks Cycle Time (tRAS) 29 clocks Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 40 clocks Physical Memory Memory Usage 65 % Total Physical 7.95 GB Available Physical 2.77 GB Total Virtual 23 GB Available Virtual 12 GB SPD Number Of SPD Modules 2 Slot #1 Slot #2
  5. Not with CCleaner, but it isn't difficult to fix. That message is from Windows, it happens when a 'hidden' attribute in the "desktop.ini" file has been changed for some reason. You fix it by deleting the current 'desktop.ini' files and letting Windows recreate new ones. See the Answer here for how to do that: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/textfile-after-boot-systemrootsystem32shell32dll/9d261d1f-8bfe-4e15-ad8e-38b2db7d365d
  6. Bonjour, est il possible d'enlever avec Ccleaner le message itératif qui apparait à chaque ouverture de windows : [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787 merci de votre aide mace
  7. OLLI_S

Recuva Portable

@Nergal Thank you for sharing this, but here I need more information. I already have a folder "Recuva Portable", where I have an out-dated version of Recuva, but here I have a portable.dat file (with 10 bytes). Then I downloaded the current installer of Recuva (rcsetup153.exe) from this page: https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/builds To test the portable installation, I started a VM, created the folder "Recuva Portable" and copied the rcsetup153.exe and the portable.dat file into that folder and started the installer. Recuva was not extracted into that folder, but installed into C:\Program Files\Recuva This is not what I wanted to have, I wanted to have a portable version. I could now copy all files from C:\Program Files\Recuva (except the uninst,exe) from my VM to my existing portable folder on my PC. But is this the way it should be?
  8. Nergal

Recuva Portable

To make it fully portable (no reg entry no app data) place an empty text file called portable.dat (not portable.dat.txt make sure explorer is set to show file extensions) in the directory with the recuva exe files.
  9. Strahan

Recuva Portable

It's mind boggling to me that an undelete program of all things doesn't have a portable version. The last thing I want to do is install a program onto my hard drive when I'm trying to undelete a file. That's absurd. On the bright side, it doesn't seem like you need a specific portable version. Just for grins, I tried copying my installed Recuva to a USB stick, then I put it into another machine and it worked perfectly fine. Dunno if maybe it's because I have an older version or not. I'm using 1.53 but if worse comes to worse, that's an option one can use. EDIT: Oh, I just assumed it was old. I went to the download page and apparently 1.53 is still what is being served up.
  10. Yesterday
  11. The issue will be between Google Play and your chosen payment method(s). See: https://support.google.com/paymentscenter/answer/9034675?hl=en-GB
  12. I purchased CCleaner for Android through Google Play one year ago. Google Pay is trying to renew my subscription and my 2 payment options are being declined. Is this an issue from CCleaner? How do I resolve my issue. Thank you.
  13. Thanks again for your support. I have checked the option and it is disabled. I will try the commands later and I will let you know the outcome.
  14. Some of the image files had not recovered but did with the re-start. I fully agree with your definition of a PC! Thanks again and have a good day, Nukecad.
  15. That rules out that CCleaner is/was causing it to happen. So the problem is something else somewhere in your system, as a first step to fixing it run the DISM and SFC commands. It's always good to run those now and again, even if they aren't the problem here. (I run a SFC following each monthly Windows Update, and DISM if that finds any errors). I would also check that you have not somehow allowed Windows to turn your wifi off to save power. Open Device Manager and go to the Network Adapters. Right click on the wifi adapter(s) and select Properties in the menu that pops up. On the Power Management tab check that this setting is not enabled:
  16. I'm not sure that a restart of the computer should be needed. Usually if Windows does need a kick to rebuild the Thumbnail cache then closing and reopening File Explore is enough of a nudge. But of course all computers are setup differently to a greater or lesser degree, that's why they are Personal Computers (PC's).
  17. Hello, Thanks for your detailed response, I will try it this week. What I did was to uninstall Ccleaner and check the computer performance for over a couple of weeks: the saved Wi-Fi information is still disappearing from time to time. Best regards
  18. Sorry, I was not aware.
  19. Last week
  20. Please email support@ccleaner.com or from the support page. This is a user forum and we are not able to handle purchase information.
  21. I inadvertently purchased the 9-month CCleaner Premium twice. I need one of the charges deleted from my Credit Card
  22. In Firefox Plugins settings click the three dots [···], and make sure the plugin(s) are set to Always Activate. Then restart Firefox and see if that fixes it or not. If it doesn't work, the setting may be in the registry where it's being blocked from working. Screenshot:
  23. Seems to work for me but I still had to restart the computer after making the change (re. thumbs) and running CCleaner. Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply.
  24. Just to add to the above; when reinstalling CCleaner be sure to use the 'Run CCleaner' from within the installer itself. We have seen in the past where there can sometimes be a Windows permissions glitch if you skip that step when installing. Note that there are online reports of other instances of various apps not running when clicked in 24H2. As said 24H2 is still a test build - so issues are probably to be expected.
  25. I'm assuming that you mean in File Explorer, and not inside some viewing app? It sounds as though your 'Thumbnail Cache' is being cleared, you can prevent Custom Clean doing that by unticking it. You can't customise it in Health Check which will always clear the Thumbnail Cache. Clearing the thumbnail cache just means that Windows has to 'rebuild' it again, ie. it's been cleaned out and gets automaticaly refreshed with newly created thumbnails. That should happen fairly quickly when you open the folder but if there are a lot of images,or you are doing something else that's using a lot of CPU, (or just have a slow computer) then it can take a bit longer. You can sometimes see that happening when you open a folder of images for the first time after a cleaning and watch as the icons automatically change to thumbnails.
  26. faço correção de registro e aparece um titulo estranho ao escanear, gostaria que corrigicem " verificar erros selecionados", mudar para: "Corrigir erros selecionados", pois ja foram verificados!!!
  27. @MrNonair Try uninstalling CCleaner (if the uninstaller will work) and restart the machine, then download to your machine the Slim Build from the list here and give it a try. https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds What is your security software? Bare in mind that Win 11 Pro insider may have problems as it is really a test build.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.