All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry, As a moderator I am not going to post unofficial tweaks on the open forum. If users were meant to be able to do things like that themselves then there would be an option for it in the CCleaner settings. I have already given you quite a big clue in that it can be done, and as you say that you are familiar with the registry editor then that should be enough for you to be able to work it out yourself. (One more clue - there are now 2 different Software Updaters in CCleaner). Frankly anyone who is unable to work it out for themselves shouldn't be 'playing about' in the registry at all, they are liable to break something important. Note to everyone reading - Don't mess with the Windows Registy unless you know what you are doing - You could break something or even 'Brick' your machine.
  3. CCleaner keeps Misidentifying Opera GX during healthchecks as normal opera and installing an "update" to it, I don't want opera, I use opera gx and It would be cool if ccleaner could tell the difference.
  4. Agreed, a reinstall of the browser would have undone anything that you had done - so it must be something else. Note that if the plugins that you removed are not part of the browsers 'default set' then you would need to reinstall those 'extra' plugins again after reinstalling the browser. eg. By default Firefox installs the "OpenH264 Video Codec" and "Widevine Content Decryption Module" plugins when you install Firefox, but depending on just what you are wanting to watch you may need others as well. (As you say that you can see Youtube video then that will be the OpenH264, so it sounds like whatever else it is you are trying to watch needs another, different, codec/plugin). PS. If I'm watching video from anywhere except Youtube then I download it and play it in VLC media player which has lots of codecs included.
  5. Today
  6. Hello, I am trying to erase only the free space on a drive. I go Tools > Drive wiper, select Free Space Only. When selecting the number of passes, if I select "1" then both hard drives are selectable, but the option "Wipe" to actually proceed is not selectable with either drive selected. If I instead select more than 1 pass, the drive I'm trying to erase free space on gets greyed out, and "Wipe" is still not selectable.
  7. Yesterday
  8. I tried portable apps and it's bloatware with all the crap included. How do I disable software updater? You said you knew.
  9. It restored them but the format has a problem. I cannot read the file and the most common error is Extension doesn't start with SIMPLE or XTENSION keyword. The file is too big but here is a link to download https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEahEqLa7KkgfBh-ldPgi1ibj4-ww?e=Te74n3 This is a Fit file that is not corrupted https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEahEqLa7KkgfBiYZfOc0gsWRKWqg?e=6C8pMA
  10. Sounds like it has disabled the plugins like you asked it to do. (In particular the video plugins/codecs). Re-enable/reinstall the plugins? Or reinstall the browser(s) If you want/need to go that far.
  11. i tried to disable plugins with ccleaner and... I would have to close the firefox application for that... After that I can't see videos ANYWHERE... only on YouTube. There is an html5 error or “hls fatal error”. but everything works in chrome!!!... And that's definitely not due to adblockers or other security stuff! I've tried everything possible. also new install. version without cookies/old files in the private window etc. the same problem with opera, vivaldi or waterfox... so what the hell did ccleaner disabled there????
  12. Hate to rake this up again, but it is doing what the OP describes after a very recent update. Obviously I can't give the version number ... UPDATE: Now working OK. After the notification (bottom-left) appeared I was able to run CCleaner. I think it may have been a dialog opened from the install process that was left open (although I had just done a fresh reboot).
  13. Yes. the software updater can often know a few days in advance of updates that aren't on a softwares website yet. Many softwares will have the updates available first, and only a day or two later post them on their websites and push them out to automatic updates and those checking within the software. See for yourself if the Tbird website and/or 'check for updates' in T'bird has an update available in a few days. (PS. If you know where to look you can often find a new version of CCleaner before it is put on the website and pushed out to users).
  14. says thunderbird need updates but that is updated already? i think cc-cleaner should not follow these other programs, because anyone who have real use to programs, knows to update them. Something not necessary, if remove, then can put more power to important parts and save time. (or could cc-cleaner knows more fast when thunderbird have updates? i i dont believe? if i click thunderbird check updates, that not found and usually there is already waiting (depending settings))
  15. You will have to contact customer support, we cannot access accounts or licences on the forum. It's actually pretty easy to contact CCleaners' support. - There is even a blue 'contact' link in your screenshot. (Did you not see it). As well as clicking on such 'contact' links in the messages and elsewhere - You can raise a support ticket by using the form here: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general (Select Kamo in the 'Product' field, do make a note of the ticket number that you will be given onscreen). Alternatively you can contact CCleaner support by emailing them: support@ccleaner.com If you have bought CCleaner Premium then you also have access to 24/7 live chat, see your Premium purchase receipt for the link. When using the form or email you will get an automated reply email (with some suggestions for fixes to common issues), which will be followed up later by an email from a real person. You will be in a queue and so it may take time for your ticket to reach the top of that queue and a support agent, in busy times when there are lots of requests in the queue that can take a week or more. Please be paitent and wait for a person to reply - Don't send another request unless you need to correct something in your original. If you do that then the automated queuing system will (automatically) consider it a correction to your original request, so the automated system will join them together and put them back to the bottom of the queue as one new request.
  16. Last week
  17. I see it's your intent to make it as hard as possible to actually get any support. I get it. Customer Success is expensive. I want a refund for Kamo. I select don't send me notifications, it continues to do so. I select a VPN to use, it fails. I can't even find a VPN now. Your product is broken, you sold me a lemon. Refund me. If you can't refund me, just cancel my account, along with the CCleaner.
  18. In CCleaner you can click on 'My Account' (top right) where there is a 'Manage my Account' option.
  19. How do I cancel a renewal on my CC cleaner? I never new it would renew automatically. I don't want it anymore since it caused issues with my computer. Please advise how to cancel. Thanks
  20. So you thought that you'd "urgently" reply almost 5-years later? Please read the date of posts before replying.
  21. I'd suggest the same as lmacri, try using the version that you can download at portableapps.com It isn't 'official' of course because it's a repackage, (but Piriform/CCleaner currently turn a blind eye to that). As for those four IP's 'whois' will tell you who there are, https://who.is/ But to save everyone reading this searching: The second one is Google LLC. https://www.globaldata.com/company-profile/google-llc/ The others are Akami tecnologies inc. - A content delivery service: https://www.akamai.com/
  22. Thanks for the resources. Yeah, that's pretty much what I do except have it on the SSD driver. One good point that I saw mentioned was why would a portable app install anything to the registry, when you can't obviously uninstall it (unless revo does it). Sad that a program that used to be privacy and cleaning focused has turned into this. The fact that this is the only program I have to turn off my internet in order to install, just so it won't re-bloat itself, even with portable, is insane. Literally, the only two programs I had ANY problem with or had to block in firewall was this & nvidia, but nvidia actually was way easier to figure out how to debloat & get rid of telemetry. Would go to bleachbit, but that program is too much for me and the one thing it does or didn't have was whitelisting cookies not to be deleted, that's essential for me.
  23. It seems like there might be an issue with the file recovery process. Have you tried reaching out to Recuva's customer support? They should be able to assist you with accessing the recovered file since you're a paid Pro user. It's important to get in touch with them promptly, especially considering the urgency of completing your work
  24. 1) I did not install it. I unzipped it, put in Program Files folder and then got deleted everything except the ccleaner64.exe. The only files in that folder are CCleaner64.exe, portable.dat, ccleaner.ini, Winapp2.ini. The log and setup folder get recreated every time ccleaner runs. 2) How do I modify the registry to get rid of the health check tab? 3) Why are the following connections being made? What, specifically, is making those connections? I have everything unchecked in options (except for Save all settings to INI file). 23.207.41.41 34.149.149.62 104.103.68.113 104.103.68.73
  25. I have the same problem...it seems I've got to wait wait wait till it connects ..the I can go to a website...or 'server not found"
  26. Android not windows. However the question is right. Do you mean regular clean, deep clean, quick clean or autoclean
  27. Can you explain more what it is that you are wanting to do? Just what part of CCleaner do you want to whitelist an app in? (and what app is it?) Health Check, Custom Clean, Software Updater, somewhere else?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.