Chrome & Firefox APPCRASH crashing after using Ccleaner

Foxtrot_01

Hello,

I have a problem with both Chrome and Firefox crashing, every time I try to open Chrome or Firefox I get APPCRASH StackHash_9054. Both browsers were working before I decided to use Ccleaner to erase temp files and free some space, I also ran an antivirus program before booting. The next day both browsers started crashing. After that I ran malwarebytes, avg, avast, spybot, Eusing(found 578 registry problems) and used the sfc /scannow function. I tried uninstalling chrome and Firefox from the control panel, tried installing again chrome and crashed again. Only explorer works, that is how I downloaded Eusing and Chrome again. Interesting tho that the google products forum page doesn't load on explorer, I had to use my tablet to type this.

I can't use restore  because it seems my computer doesn't have any restored points.

I ran Ccleaner to check the registry and there were no errors found. I found another forum here and here where the OP ran the Ccleaner and his Chrome started crashing. I am not implying that this is the reason but it's a strong coincidence that we both ran Ccleaner and Chrome started crashing. I have looked for a solution for the past 5 days, tried everything out there and no one seems to know how to fix it. Could Ccleaner delete anything that might have caused Chrome and Firefox to crash?

I asked a similar question on google productforums and no solution yet.

Any help is much appreciated.
Problem signature:
Application name: chrome.exe
Application version : 45.0.2454.93
Application timestamp: 55f350f6
Fault module name: StackHash_9054
Fault module version: 0.0.0.0
Fault module timestamp: 00000000
Exception code: c000041d
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Everything seems to be working except for Chrome and Firefox which crash when I open them. Explorer has limited functionality, it opens but seems to load some of the pages with errors.

When I try to open the google product forum on Explorer it doesn't load it says error
Object doesn't support this property or method
906553421-apploader-bundle-js.

When I try to open gmail a similar error on explorer appears,

Any advice is appreciated.

• Moderators

the OP ran the Ccleaner and his Chrome started crashing. 

It gave me issues with Comodo Dragon (a Chrome-clone) to the point I had to switch to SRWare Iron (a Chrome-clone). I suspect it's corrupting the profile making the damage permanent in Chrome and in some Chrome-clones that it's allowed to clean.

Both Chrome and Firefox crashed, I was using both although Chrome was my go to. I never used Explorer but after running the Ccleaner both Chrome and Firefox crashed when I tried opening them and Explorer works but loads some pages with errors(ex. gmail, google products forum.)

• Moderators

just to throw some ideas out there.

are there any add-ons or extensions in either browser that may be the cause?

have you tried starting either browser in their safe mode? (also suggested by @dvdbane)

with Firefox in particular, have you tried wiping out the current profile and starting from scratch?

what version of FF are you running? and since the problem started have you uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled FF?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

hello, so still nothing has worked, I restarted on safe mode and the Chrome works, when I make a search this " ?trackid=sp-006" comes after what I type, still does make the search tho. So Chrome works on safe mode but not on regular mode.

Any ideas? I am running adwcleaner as it was suggested in another forum. not sure if this will help

• Moderators

hello, so still nothing has worked, I restarted on safe mode and the Chrome works, when I make a search this " ?trackid=sp-006" comes after what I type, still does make the search tho. So Chrome works on safe mode but not on regular mode.

Any ideas? I am running adwcleaner as it was suggested in another forum. not sure if this will help

See here for some ideas

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/_SJojPg4-is

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com