CCleaner starts on startup

Nocy123

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

To turn off monitoring, try the steps in post #1, in the order they are listed:  http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=41860

Did that fix it? 

If you are using a winapp2.ini file, there may be an issue related to the /auto option. 

I don't know much about this option, but thete is some info here:  http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=41890&do=findComment&comment=253979

If you don't get ti fixed to your liking, post back & somebody who knows more that I (a rather large group :P ) will help. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• 9 months later...

I know I am replying to an old post but I was googling to see if there was an answer to this for me as well and I see this was never really answered. It doesn't matter what you check inside the program, I double and triple checked that this never got re checked, it is definitaly turned off, it seems that every time there is a CCleaner update it re-adds itself to system startup. The average user would not know how to change this. Here is how, though I wish this would just get fixed so I don't have to check this all the time. I am using Windows 7.

*Be careful making changes to system things

start button

type in msconfig

open msconfig.exe

click startup tab

uncheck ccleaner

click ok or apply, you can exit without restart unless you need a reboot then.

• 5 months later...

I know I am replying to an old post but I was googling to see if there was an answer to this for me as well and I see this was never really answered. It doesn't matter what you check inside the program, I double and triple checked that this never got re checked, it is definitaly turned off, it seems that every time there is a CCleaner update it re-adds itself to system startup. The average user would not know how to change this. Here is how, though I wish this would just get fixed so I don't have to check this all the time. I am using Windows 7.

*Be careful making changes to system things

start button

type in msconfig

open msconfig.exe

click startup tab

uncheck ccleaner

click ok or apply, you can exit without restart unless you need a reboot then.

I have done everything suggested on this page, but CCleaner still starts up each time the computer is started. I DO NOT WANT CCleaner start when the computer starts. Is there really np way to prevent this???

ccleanermonitod36tw9egrb.jpg

does not work?

perhaps completly deinstalling, delete installfolder and reinstall?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 1 month later...

ccleanermonitod36tw9egrb.jpg

does not work?

perhaps completly deinstalling, delete installfolder and reinstall?

I am using CCleaner v5.14.5493 (64-bit), and my problem is that CCleaner starts automatically when the computer starts up, thereby slowing the startup and also deleting some items which I need during the day, so I always have to restore them from the backup.

I have done everything I could to prevent this - I have unchecked "Run CCleaner at startup" and also removed CCleaner from scheduled activities and unchecked all alternatives under Monitoring. I have even uninstalled CCleaner completely and downloaded the program agian and reinstalled it from scratch.

Nothing seems to help - CCleaner still starts to do its cleaning after startup.

Is there really no way to prevent CCleaner from running at startup?

• 10 months later...

See post 10, go Portable and the issue will never return:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=42073&do=findComment&comment=264978

The issue persists in the latest version of CCleaner. I downloaded it a few days ago and at every reboot, CCleaner autostarts. How about fixing the issue instead of recommending the portable version, of which i have little interest?

Unless the lack of fixing this issue is an informatiomal notification that CCleaner will be discontinued? While i have plenty of system resources (6700K & 32GB RAM), i prefer to be in complete control of what gets started on my computer.

• Moderators

So AerandirA, you have unticked the relevant CCleaner option in settings to start with Windows, and turned off monitoring?

If using Win 7 or under you have checked in msconfig that it is not ticked for start up, and if using Win 8 or later you have used TaskManager to mark sure it is not in startups?

Make I ask a few troubleshooting questions? 

What operating system are you running?

Was it a standard install?

Are you using a local account or an admin account?

Did you install Chrome option through the installer?

Do you have the option ticked in CCleaner options...settings... to automatically check for updates?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Install: Standard, save unticking a few context menu items (Only use CCleaner for registry cleaning)

Account: Installed with Admin, later downgraded my regular account to normal user for security reason.

Browser: No, as it does not play nice with VPN (WebRTC issue). I only use firefox.

Settings: No, it is disabled.

I've followed the tips in this thread, but it does not give the sought results

• Moderators

Maybe I missed your answers, but what about the first few questions in @hazelnut's post.

In CC, Options, Settings, do you have ticked Run CCleaner when the computer starts?

In Options, Monitoring, what is ticked?

Have you delved into msconfig to confirm CC isn't being started from there?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2017 at 01:54, mta said:

Maybe I missed your answers, but what about the first few questions in @hazelnut's post.

In CC, Options, Settings, do you have ticked Run CCleaner when the computer starts?

In Options, Monitoring, what is ticked?

Have you delved into msconfig to confirm CC isn't being started from there?

Every time I open CCleaner it re-checks those boxes. If I restart then it is back to opening at Startup. I have to go back and uncheck them. 

• Moderators

That is because monitoring is broken in build 5.45.

Piriform is deciding if they want to 'fix' it.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52285-piriform-personal-security-concern-with-ccleaner-latest-v-5456611/?tab=comments#comment-298098

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
12 hours ago, G_W1Z said:

Thanks for the info.

Read from here to see Piriform's response to the complaints about monitoring,  also read on to see members responses.

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52285-piriform-personal-security-concern-with-ccleaner-latest-v-5456611/?tab=comments#comment-298098

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Guest Ben CCleaner

Hey G_W1Z,

Thanks for your feedback, please see the following thread for the latest information on this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Was this disclosed prominently before implemented?

I read this and see it said that others do this so why not do it here, we want to track your use even when not using the app. 

After listening to your feedback we realize we need to provide you with a better level of control for anonymous data collection.

No, we need control of when we want to use and not use the app and get your eyes off our computers.