CCleaner not deleting cookies

• Moderators

Do you have Adobe Flash Player checked, or Macromedia if you have it listed in Applications\Multimedia?

The items listed could be stored in Flash Cookies.

There's also a Flash Cookie (settings.sol file) CCleaner doesn't pick up yet, and it's located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Hope that helps.

Do you have Adobe Flash Player checked, or Macromedia if you have it listed in Applications\Multimedia?

The items listed could be stored in Flash Cookies.

There's also a Flash Cookie (settings.sol file) CCleaner doesn't pick up yet, and it's located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Hope that helps.

Hi DennisD,

I don't have Adobe Flash Player checked, Because CCleaner deletes my recipes binder on the BBC Food web-site.

Badcompany

I just checked the box in Adobe and ran ccleaner, All the cookies where deleted. Thanks DennisD.

Dr.Web Security Space / SAS.Pro./ WinPatrol.

• Moderators

I've just had a look on that BBC site as I was wondering if the recipe basket cookie could be isolated and excluded from within CCleaner.

Sadly I haven't a clue how to make a basket. How sad.

It might be worth looking in the following two locations to see of there's a separate Flash Cookie for the BBC.

The first one being the location mentioned above.

The second:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\Z4PLHKBB

The bold highlighted number will be different on your PC.

• 2 years later...

If you are using CHROME, you must Close Chrome before CCleaner can delete the cookies you don't want to keep.

Pretty old thread you picked up. :D I think this is the same for all of the browser; close it before cleaning. Otherwise CCleaner is unable to clean everything.

• Moderators

old topic is old now closed

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com