Can the free version of AVG Anti-Spyware scan memory?

slowday444

My license expires in three days, so since anti-spies are going the way of the horse, I'm thinking about letting it expire. My last renewal, a year ago, was predicated upon the fact that somehow, a two minute memory scan returns leaked RAM. I have a RAM monitor in my notification area and I witness this after every scan.

• Moderators
a two minute memory scan returns leaked RAM.

It could've just been removing other stuff in the system memory to free it up for itself. My usage of AVG Anti-Spyware is different though as scanning with it typically requires a system reboot as it does something peculiar which causes slowdowns.

I do remember old Ad-Aware versions doing something to the memory and the system running better afterwards, if only all software was that way especially PC games.

I remember this being discussed a while back about AVG AS (may even have been back when it was Ewido) freeing up memory after a memory scan. The free version certainly USED to have the memory scan, the paid version just added realtime protection. Not sure if this is still the case though as I dumped it after it started insisting on having a background process constantly running just to work (so I permanently freed up some memory by dumping it :D )

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, can scan memory.

The following scans are available by default:
  • Complete System Scan: Scans all hard drives of the computer and also scans the memory and the Windows registry.
  • Fast System Scan: Scans the most vulnerable parts of your system such as the memory, windows registry, windows directory, and the cookie folder.
  • Registry Scan: Scans the windows registry.
  • Memory Scan: Scans the memory for active threats.
  • Custom Scan: Create a customized scan profile. These customized scans can be configured to scan selected areas of your computer and can also be scheduled for regular scanning. Other predefined scans cannot be scheduled.

• Moderators

I have just renewed mine slowday, as they made me an offer of a really low price for another year. This app causes my system no problems and updates itself no problem so I'm keeping it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com