Cannot Delete Dc9

siegfre

• Moderators

Not sure but think it is is to do with the way items are numbered in the recycle bin by microsoft.

Are you running XP or Vista?

Do you have admin rights?

Do you have any other problem?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Not sure but think it is is to do with the way items are numbered in the recycle bin by microsoft.

I agree. I use Eraser to erase (rather than empty) the recycle bin and the files are always numbered dc** so its something in the recycle bin that is causing CCleaner to fail.

Is there anything in the recycle bin (If so does CCleaner run ok if you empty the recycle bin first)? Do you have any program protects the recycle bin?

I have the same issue; it can occur with a variety of folder names: I have seen Dc1, Dc2, and Dc5 today in various tests. Some rather tedious setting changes and reboots of my system [Windows XP SP2 fully patched with CCleaner 1.39.502] narrows things to the following combination of things: the CCleaner option "Secure file deletion" must be selected (I use "Simple Overwrite"); there must be contents in the Recycle Bin, although the number of items seems not to matter much (not thoroughly explored! Too tedious!); and CCcleaner must be run at startup (that is, with the /AUTO option). Changing any of these elements avoids the error message.

This makes it pretty clear that only the cleaning of the Recycle Bin is involved and that the error involves the secure file deletion step. But it also occurs only at boot!

Perhaps this is enough to get a "fix"! Best luck to Mr. G.

dc* is a name appended to files in the recycle bin

I've had the same problem since installing the latest version of CCleaner - which makes it impossible to clean the recycle bin

I have, for the mean time, opted for Eraser to clean my recycle bin

hope a bug fix comes out soon...