Problem:Cannot open exe files

blasting jesus

Hi there.I want to share with you my best friend's problem with windows xp.Actually he's a newbie(no offence i 'm a newbie too :rolleyes: ) but he has done something pretty amazing(He doesn't admit it but i'm sure he is responsible cause he is playing with things he doesn't know all the time).He entered a new file type at the files control panel with the extension exe and he tried to save it.Windows warned him that exe is already associated with specific file types and that would change it but he went on.Tragedy :blink: .Now windows cannot open exe files , actually every exe in the system has lost its original icon and its described as EXE file .Also every file in the system is being displayed with its type after the name.EX video.mpg...etc..I know that windows doesn't show files extentions by default.I don't have the slightest idea about this situation i searched at microsoft site and found a guide to change it but with no success .I think a format is the only way but you guys are our last hope to avoid it.i forgot to mention that we can't use system restore(no restore point).Also no windows backup is available.

P.s All the great guys in hijack this log section , please be patient .I know i owe you some logs .As long as i'm done with my stupid friend i will post everything you asked for.Thanx in advance :rolleyes:

I thank you also. . . did not know of that site.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.