CCleaner Problem

Mudd

I'm trying IE7 Beta and have noticed that the "View New Posts" link on CC is not operative. I don't know a way to open to see what's new! Not to say that IE7 is doing this, but it started yesteday when I loaded the program.

I log into several Forums and this is the only one that is giving me trouble.

Any suggestions as to what, why, or how to correct this.

XPMCE

1 Gb Ram

P4 3.2Mhz

Mudd

Mudd

I uninstalled IE 7 Beta this morning and now the link to CCleaner works properly.

This seems odd to me that only CCleaner Forum was the one that I could not enter with the IE7.

There were many thing I didn't like about the Beta so I'm back to IE 6. Some will suggest I try FireFox. Been there and done that, thanks anyway.

Mudd

I uninstalled IE 7 Beta this morning and now the link to CCleaner works properly.

This seems odd to me that only CCleaner Forum was the one that I could not enter with the IE7.

There were many thing I didn't like about the Beta so I'm back to IE 6. Some will suggest I try FireFox. Been there and done that, thanks anyway.

Why didn't you like FF? I just switched to it a few days ago, and got the IE Tab add-in, and it's been awesome so far. Pluse IE Beta is really buggy, alot of people have uninstalled it. The Freeware thread has a lot of suggestions about browsers too if you're interested.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1224

I hope that you find something that you like!!!

:D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thanks for the reply. I think the answer to your question, "Why didn't you Like----," is that I'm an Old Coot that has used IE for so long that something new like FF is another learning experience that I don't wish to take. I've used IE since the Win 95 days, finally learned it.

Don't be mistaken by my comment. I've used FF and am sure it's a good browser. This old brain is trained to IE and FF is different I think you would agree.

I tried IE 7 Beta to see how it worked. It will be fine I think when they get the bugs out.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Mudd

Hey mud, long time since your last post. :D

Hope everything is going well for you.

Thank you, all is as well as it will get! I may not post much but I read the Forum daily. Get a lot of good information here as well as some ......., but even that is sometime amusing.

Hope things are going to suit you also.

Mudd

• Moderators

Thank you, all is as well as it will get! I may not post much but I read the Forum daily. Get a lot of good information here as well as some ......., but even that is sometime amusing.

Hope things are going to suit you also.

Glad to hear everything is going great. :)

Everything is going good for me as well.

Thanks for the reply. I think the answer to your question, "Why didn't you Like----," is that I'm an Old Coot that has used IE for so long that something new like FF is another learning experience that I don't wish to take. I've used IE since the Win 95 days, finally learned it.

Don't be mistaken by my comment. I've used FF and am sure it's a good browser. This old brain is trained to IE and FF is different I think you would agree.

I tried IE 7 Beta to see how it worked. It will be fine I think when they get the bugs out.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Would you believe Firefox is easier to learn than IE?

Would you believe Firefox is easier to learn than IE?

Tarum you must be young, or maybe just younger! I'm a senior Senior, and about two years ago I had a stroke that impaired my "short term memory" which is a real bummer. It's very difficult for me to learn anything new as I have trouble retaining what I've learned.

If this makes no sense, ask someone with a knowledge of Strokes to tell you how a Short Term Memory Lose affect a person. Should you have wondered, I'm pushing 72.

Mudd

Well done Mudd in keeping up with things after your stroke, keep posting and being involved with the forum. :):)

Hazelnut, a big thank you for your encouragement. I try, I really do.

Mudd

Mudd you are doing fine, I also have terrible short term memory, probably due to drinking too much, but anyway.....................

erm what was I going to say.

Oh yeah, I remember, my long term memory is impeccable, here is a joke I was told about 30 years ago.

Two old ladies go to a football game

At half time a streaker runs on

One of the old ladies had a stroke..............

...................the other couldn't reach.

Keep up the good work Mudd and post a bit more often. :)

Great followup CaPMan. I've noticed that you have not posted recently, or maybe I missed them. I wondered if you were on "Vacation" again.

I'm working on something that I need help with. Hopefully I'll get it organized tomorrow and post it.

Mudd

Tarum you must be young, or maybe just younger! I'm a senior Senior, and about two years ago I had a stroke that impaired my "short term memory" which is a real bummer. It's very difficult for me to learn anything new as I have trouble retaining what I've learned.

If this makes no sense, ask someone with a knowledge of Strokes to tell you how a Short Term Memory Lose affect a person. Should you have wondered, I'm pushing 72.

25 years of age, 26 a little later this year. I have ADHD and a few memory issues myself due to a birth trauma and the ADHD.

Tarun - Keep your chin up, and your health good to defeat something else from entering the picture. I feel sure that my past habits contributes to my condition. The best to you.

Mudd

Tarun - Keep your chin up, and your health good to defeat something else from entering the picture. I feel sure that my past habits contributes to my condition. The best to you.

Thank you, and same to you. :D

I've noticed that I am terrible in math. I can quickly learn English and am as picky as DjLizard about things of that nature. Give me a computer and I feel like I can do anything. :D

25 years of age, 26 a little later this year. I have ADHD and a few memory issues myself due to a birth trauma and the ADHD.

Everyone has their demons Tarun. I was diagnosed with an intestinal disease this summer. Completely genetic and nothing to do with lifestyle. Very painful too. Funny thing is, is that I am "in shape" at an athletes level, but still got stricken with this lifetime illness.

The only time I ever had memory issues was after drinking a 2-4..... buts thats another story or two. :)

I really didn't intend to open a Can of Worms with my original. I'm still enjoying reading the comments from Forum Members. Goes to show how some people are entertained!

Mudd

Hi Mudd, welcome back, (although I don't really remember meeting you in the first place [?]) I used to be here a lot when the forum first came out, then took a rather large break... I only happened to return in the past few weeks, like you, I guess :)

If we're on health, I think I'm ok! No drinking, drugs, etc. No major problems (at least that I can tell). Probably due to my young age, though, hehe.

Hmm... guess how old I am :D

Hi Mudd, welcome back, (although I don't really remember meeting you in the first place [?]) I used to be here a lot when the forum first came out, then took a rather large break... I only happened to return in the past few weeks, like you, I guess :)

If we're on health, I think I'm ok! Probably due to my young age, though, hehe.

Hmm... guess how old I am :D

16-18?

And I am fairly healthy as well, although I did inherit both of my parents "acid reflux disease". I put it in quotations cause I don't really consider it a "disease". Leprosy is a disease. This is just basically violent heartburn. But otherwise, I'm healthy as a horse (with no broken legs, I might add, just in case anyone was thinking of shooting me :angry: ).

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

zaphirer. I would pay all I had for your youth. Take care of it. I didn't and now am a wreck. Nice to hear for you.

lokoike - There is a good Drug for what you have, and no you don't drink or smoke it. Prilosec, either over the counter or stronger by prescription. I have, rather had that and Prilosec was the winner. Been taking it for years. No more reflux. Try it if you haven't already.

Thanks all for posting to my post. Makes me feel like I really belong. Some Forums or most are not this friendly. Seems like a very good group here.

Mudd

Great followup CaPMan. I've noticed that you have not posted recently, or maybe I missed them. I wondered if you were on "Vacation" again.

No not on vacation unfortunately, I don't even have anything booked for this year yet, must pull my finger out and book a couple soon. Only thing is I can't even begin to think about time off work at the moment I am far to busy.

I do still post here every once in a while, but tend to spend a lot more time on Lunarsoft lately.