Problem With 3.23.1823 & Chrome 22.0.1229.79

D Bone

When I clean Chrome, the "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" setting always gets rechecked (enabled). I find that unchecking that setting makes for a quicker Chrome, but now CCleaner 3.23.1823 resets it each time its run. I reverted to the previous 3.22.1800 build and the issue is gone.

Same thing happens with Dragon 21.2.1.0 Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 English

• 2 weeks later...

I am still using 3.22.1800 with no issues resetting "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" like 3.23.1823.

In build 3.22.1800 there is an entry that is cleaned named "C:\Users\D Bone\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Network Action Predictor 5 KB" and it doesn't reset the setting, so hopefully the developers will take a look at the differences when they changed to the new build and fix it for us.

Any word from Piriform on whether or not they even consider this an issue?

• Moderators

You probably will not hear from the devs on this issue, but should be assured that they read every thread, and we most likely may see a fix in a future build. Until then I'd suggest using 3.23 at adding that file to the excludes.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Until then I'd suggest using 3.23 at adding that file to the excludes.

I updated to 3.23 and excluded all files that had "Network Action Predictor" anywhere in the name, and CCleaner still re-enabled the setting each and every time??

• Moderators

unclear what you mean "exclude all that had…"

what exactly did you exlcude?

in your previous post you said

D:\Users\D Bone\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Network Action Predictor

is that a file or a folder

user data\Default is in that is there another user data besides default?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what question you're referring to. I gave all of the information that is required, and all that a Piriform employee has to do is.

1) Verify what I'm saying buy unchecking that box, running the latest CCleaner, and then rechecking to see it re-enabled. They should be able to handle that.

2) Do the same procedure as above but with 3.22.1800, or any earlier version, and they'll see that the setting is unaffected. Again, I bet they can do it.

3) Look at what they changed from 3.22.1800 to 3.23.xxxx. Only they know this, I sure don't.

4) Fix it.

• 1 month later...

I have added every single file that displays when I check "Internet History" to the exclude list and CCleaner still resets the setting. The only way it won't re-enable the setting is if I uncheck "Internet History" under the Google Chrome list in the applications Tab.

I suggest that you run Cleaner with "Internet History" unchecked,

and then check "Internet History and Analyze.

That should identify what is being removed by the "Internet History" setting,

and you may be able to identify which of those item(s) need to be added to the Exclude List.

• 4 months later...