Defraggler says warning

Cruxisshadow

Hello everyone. I recently ran into a warning sign when I pulled up defraggler today and I was wonderng what it meant. I downloaded HDtune to try and find out what is wrong, but error checking is all green and the drive health wont show up in the utility. I downloaded the Seagate utility and while Smart and Short Read turned up positively, self-test failed and long read bluescreened in the middle. What does this mean and should I count on my drive failing anytime soon?

• Moderators

Do you back up your drive at all? (I'm guessing here that you're referring to your system drive.)

If you don't, and you have the space available on a separate partition or hard drive, I'd suggest making a back up "Image" of that drive with something like "Macrium Reflect" just in case . There are other freeware "Imaging" programs, and your Operating System may have one built in. You don't say which OS you're running.

Macrium Reflect: (Free Home Edition)

A back up Image can be restored to a drive which becomes corrupted (OS completely screwed), or it can be restored to a new hard drive if the current one fails, enabling you to start with the new drive exactly where you left off with the old one. Which is usually heaps better than having to start again with a new install of Windows.

Just a thought. :)