Boot Time Defrag

So I've currently set a boot time defrag, but I was just wondering about advanced options that could be implemented, mainly scheduling options, etc...

1) Run on boot every X days. So this could be options such as Run on boot, weekly (with the choice of Monday, Tuesday, etc..), Daily, or monthly... with a tick box saying don't defrag if ran between scheduled... this would mainly be so it wouldn't defrag twice in one day... say I use my PC on three seperate occassions, it would only defrag on the first time the PC is booted on that day.

2) Defrag if X% of a drive is fragmented. This for me would be either 5% or 10%. If it's set at 10%, Defraggler would do a quick analysis at boot (or when scheduled) and check if it requries defragmenting based on the rules you have set.

3) Set which files/folders/drives you don't want defragged... or do... Boot Time Defrag by default just defrags C:\ wherever the page file is. Using a SSD I don't want C:\ defragged. The drives I want defragged at boot are E:\ (since that's where I put my programs), G:\ (since that's where I put my games), and P:\ (since that's where the page file is), although I'm not quite sure about the effects of defragging a page file. Defragging a SSD is detrimental to the drive, and offers no performance benefit.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with this is probably that program would have to run at system tray to do that. So, it would be running whole the time taking few MBs of RAM and some % of CPU usage. That's not something good to turn on if you're a gamer. So, Defraggler should be able to watch the CPU usage in that case too. If it's (for example) 50+% used, then it should wait for CPU usage to be lower.

Some people like me don't like having programs running at system tray. If this will be implemented in the future, having option to turn it off will be also very important.