thanks for creating Defraggler, I just updated to the latest version, which runs fine.
I'd like to share some suggestions, which have bugged me for quite some time. Maybe they are not that much important, but would possibly make a more user friendly UI
- Left side ("open") parentheses in status panel sometimes look awkward (like with some dirt)
- Missing German translation: "Benchmark drive" in status panel, "Health" tab and "Remaining time: Calculating..." during defragmentation in status panel. I wouldn't translate "health" with "Gesundheit" , maybe "Zustand" or "S.M.A.R.T." would fit.
- Could you make the file list scrollable with the mouse wheel while Defraggler is running?
- Could you make the drive list size "shrink to fit" the number of drives for a predefined or possibly user definable number? Well... actually I'd like to have the top and bottom panel fixed in size when resizing the whole window, and the bottom panel size have a fallback to the smaller display, where only current status, but not the report is shown, when making the whole window too small...
- Could you give the option to disable the bottom status bar and move the option to search for update to the Help or Settings menu? I have online help in the Help menu and actually don't need it and therefore don't need a status bar. That would save some space on my netbook screen.
That's it for now, I might remember some more ideas when I get home..
Minor UI improvements
2 replies to this topic