• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE MediaHawk

MediaHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I've been using CCleaner for years and have enjoyed the program, but recently after I upgraded to the current v3.18.1707 from v3.17.1689 it skips emptying Google Chrome Internet Cache. I always close my browser and wait 5 min prior to running CCleaner. It's always worked before and cleaned the internet cache, but now just skips cleaning file.

I uninstalled v3.18.1707 and re-installed v3.17.1689 and still have the same problem no matter how many times I hit analyze and clean, it continues to skip the Google Chrome Internet Cache.

I have not changed anything on my computer or added any programs, this just started happening after I did the upgrade to CCleaner v3.18.1707

Suggestions anyone??

Computer Stats:
Win XP Pro SP3
Intel Core 2 CPU T5500 1.66Hz
2.0GB RAM
Mobile Intel 945 Chipset Family

#2 OFFLINE nodles

nodles

Power Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi!
Check these:
http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=35192
http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=35475

#3 OFFLINE MediaHawk

MediaHawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks
nodles After I close my Chrome browser I'll open Task Mgr to see if anything from chrome.exe is running. Do I just end all chrome.exe processes? Will that mess anything when I go to open my browser after I end all the running processes and run CCleaner?

#4 OFFLINE nodles

nodles

Power Member

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Yes, close them and related processes. Shouldn't mess anything.

#5 OFFLINE Just Thistime

Just Thistime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

This solved the problem for me: When you close Chrome, dont use the x at the top right of your tab. Use Chrome's menu. Scroll to 'exit' and close the program that way.  Otherwise chrome stays in memory.