Can Recuva help me recover a lost partition

Hulk701

I have a usb hard drive, Seatgate, 400gb that was divided by a partition. One was called Stuff and the other was called Backups. Neither is showing up on the drive which is why I bought Recuva. Un order to use Recuva I have to be able to point to the drive that is in trouble. I can't do that if I can't see it. It shows up in "Computer Management" as 'unallocated' space. It doesn't show up as a drive letter.

How can I recover my files. It is an IDE that can be attached via a USB cable or if need be to a IDE cable. Thanks

PS: Below is a picture. It have two sections clearly named and labeled. One should say Backups and have a letter after it and the other should say Stuff and have a letter after it.

• Moderators

Hi Hulk701, and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at "Minitools Partition Recovery 5.0", which can scan for and restore lost/deleted partitions ...

"Minitools Partition Recovery": (Free)

It's sister program "Minitools Partition Wizard 7" can also scan for lost partitions ...

"Minitools Partition Wizard 7": (Free)

Try the first one first, as it's a dedicated partition recovery tool, and the other is Partition Manager application.

If you don't have success with those, then you can try "Eassos PartitionGuru Free", which also has a Partition Recovery feature.

"Eassos PartitionGuru Free":

Odd though it may seem, one of these programs could succeed where another one fails. I've had that happen myself.

How to recover partitions using PartitionGuru:

All these programs will pick up a USB Hard Drive.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.