Defraggler throwing out a different fragmentation number vs Windows Defrag

SlackerITGuy

So here's the dealeo fellas, I just finished doing some HDD cleaning, and I thought it would be a good idea to defrag my drive afterwards, everything went smooth as silk, but then I saw that Defraggler was telling me (after the defrag) that my drive was still 17% fragmented.

After running it 1 more time, boom, it said the same thing, so, after seeing that, I went and booted up Windows Defragger, and did a quick analysis on the drive and it said the drive was 0% fragmented.

Which one should I believe?

The weird thing is that, I haven't done anything to warrant a 17% fragmentation number, just uninstalled a couple of games and apps. The max I've seen with my drive was 1% fragmentation.

What could be causing Defraggler to show such a elevated fragmentation number? thanks in advanced.

Windows Defragger doesn't count SVI.

Add up your SVI, should be 17%. jZ56c.jpg

You can't defrag SVI but CC can delete most of it. CCleaner ➢ Tools ➢ System Restore. Remove some points.

I'm pretty sure I have System Restore disabled.

EDIT: Yup, System Restore is disabled.

If not SVI, what is your file list showing that may account for the 17%?

Bunch of files, but the most noticeable are these 2:

pagefile.sys ~4GB

hiberfil.sys ~3GB

Those 2 files alone account for the roughly ~7 GB of fragmented files on my drive (17%).

EDIT: So I just deleted the hiberfil.sys file (following a very detailed step by step guide over @ sevenforums.com) and the fragmentation number went down to 11% (~4GB), which would be the pagefile.sys file.

This is weird since this is the 1st time since using Defraggler that it has showed me the pagefile as fragmented.